Chapter 4 Good Thing I Don't Care.

Edited

"Angel?" I questioned, looking at the girl with wide eyes."You're in the present, Baby Sis," she laughs slightly, continuing, "Now, where are you going?"

"Hell. Now come on, let's go somewhere," I say dramatically, dragging her off."How about we got to the mall? I've got money for once," she replies, laughing again.

"Okay. I just need to call someone," I sigh under my breath.I walk away and dialed Maverick's phone number. After only one ring, he had picked up.

"Hello, Princess. To what do I owe the pleasure of you calling me while you're supposed to be at school?" He questions in a deep and sultry voice.

"Yeah... Well, my sister just randomly appeared. So, I was wondering it was okay if I went to the mall with her?" I ask, hoping he wouldn't mind.

"Yes, Baby girl. That's fine. Do you guys need a ride?" He asks.

I asked Angel if we needed a ride, and she said yes, so I told Maverick and he's coming to get us. When Maverick arrived, he got out of the car. He started coming towards me until he saw Angel.

"Angel? What are you doing here? I thought you were going to see your sister that you hadn't seen since she was 15?" he asked, trailing off in confusion.

"I am here with my sister," She said in a matter of fact tone, "Why are you here boss?" she questions, looking him straight in the eye.

Wait, boss?

What? Angel is in the gang!? Is this a joke?

"I'm here to pick up Nichole to take her sister and herself to the mall," he states slowly.

"Maverick, this is my sister, Angel, which I am assuming you already know her- Wait, how do you know her?" I ask quietly.

"Baby girl, she's in my gang. One of the best, actually," he says, noticing the way Angel raised her eyebrows suggestively at me when she heard the nickname I'd grown to love.

"Oh okay," I say as if we were talking about the weather, "Are you ready to go?" I ask, shaking this situation off.

We all got in the car. I sat in the passenger seat. I was going to let Angela sit in the front, but she said I should sit next to my "manz".

After about 10 minutes of riding in the car, Maverick put his hand on my thigh and it immediately felt right. It gave me a tingly feeling and butterflies erupted in my stomach, unlike when Derik did it.

When we got to the mall, Maverick instructed me to stay in the car for a second. I watched as he walked around the car and opened the door for me. I got out mumbling a quiet thanks, the blood all rushing to my face.

We went into tons of stores.

We were about to leave when Angela pulled me into Victoria's Secret. She bought me perfume, a t-shirt with F.R.I.E.N.D.S written across it, and a PINK hoodie. When we were leaving, I bumped into someone. I mumbled an apology and started to walk off, but someone grabbed my wrist.

They spun me around and that's when I came face to face with Derik. I pushed him away and started to walk away.

"That's no way to treat the guy who was your boyfriend." He says smugly. "Nope, but good thing I don't care," I shrug, turning back again.

"Aw, come on. Don't treat me like that. You know you love me" he replied with a smirk that I so desperately wanted to slap off of his face.

"Only in your dreams, idiot," I said, walking towards Maverick and Nichole.

I walked passed them and to the car, knowing they would follow me. We got in the car and started the drive home. I let out a small yawn and put my head on the window slowly drifting into darkness.

I was in a dark room and suddenly someone came into the door.

It was my dad.

"Hey, Sweetheart. You need to ask Angela about me, she knows what really happened." He states mysteriously.

"I know what happened! You're dead! I watched you die..." I screech, tired of these subliminal messages from my dreams. I choked out a sob and begged with my eyes for him to tell me.

"Just ask your sister." He says, slowly disappearing yet again. For fucks sake he could just tell me.