Subjected

A/N: Not sure what to say about this one. Just kind of adding a note to say that I don't know what to say. Oh! This will be an Issac perspective. And Jonas might be getting the next. So we can see Issac from a never-before-seen angle. Enjoy loves!

***************

Issac:

     The cover over my head was ripped off and I was in a pleasantly decorated study. Though everything was stained a shade of red from my mask. From around behind me walked a middle-aged woman wearing a smile.

"Where is my friend?" I asked, deciding to press early.

"In another room. Being interviewed by one of my sons. I'll see him when I'm done with you. And one of my sons will see to you when I leave." She explained, a humored twinkle in her eyes.

"So, what is your name child?" She asked, sitting down on a chair across from me. I was tied down to my seat, unable to move, and totally at her mercy. So I figured I'd be compliant.

"Issac. What is yours?" I replied in an attempt to be polite.

"Sharon West." She smiled.

"Why am I not surprised." I sighed, wishing I'd kept my thoughts to myself.

"Yeah, I know my name is basic. Are people still using that?" She giggled, taking out a notepad.

"I'll keep this short. My sons are rougher with new people. But I always like to see them as well." She smiled, flipping open the paper.

"Okay." I replied, feeling uneasy. What questions did they have for us?

"You and your friend. Have you two been together for this entire ordeal?" She asked, looking up from her notepad.

"No. Only a handful of months." I replied honestly.

"Well have you survived with anyone else? Before him." She asked.

"I've been alone for six years until I met him." I replied.

"Oh, you poor soul. I can't imagine that being easy." She cooed, seeming genuinely saddened by that fact.

"Where are you two from?" She asked.

"Los Angeles." I answered, hoping she didn't dig much deeper. 

     I didn't need to be kicked out before I had a chance at finding out if my family was here.

"Okay, this is my last question." She started, her tone turning serious.

"What is the masks for? Yours is beautiful in a creepy way." She asked, a smile coming right back

"Mine is from a friend I lost a long time ago." I explained, relieved her last question was surface level.

"Okay. I'm going to go and see if what I have matched up with your friend. Going to send my son in. He's the nicer one so don't worry." She smiled, getting up and leaving.

      My mind instantly clung to details. I felt warm despite the cold outside. Looking up I saw light coming from a bulb overhead. The ticking of a clock then caught my attention as I looked around. Suddenly I heard someone clear their throat, catching my attention. When I locked eyes with who it was I felt like I had the air knocked from my lungs. It was a ghost from the past. There Ellis stood, a bushy beard lining his jaw and a bored expression on his face. I couldn't give myself away just yet. So I would play it smart. He sat down before me, his chin resting in the palm of his hands as the silence stretched before us as he just stared at me. I felt as if he was staring into my soul.

     I don't remember him being this intense. But then again we were companions and friends so I saw his softer side.

"How many infected have you killed?" He asked suddenly, his voice commanding.