racing hearts

JENNIE,

unconscious

/ʌnˈkɒnʃəs/

adjective

not awake and aware of and responding to one's environment.

synonyms:knocked out, insensible,senseless, insentient, insensate,passed out, comatose

7:20 am Busan

My mind comes to and my eyes begin to see orange. In my own morning pace I cover them with my arm, attempting to shade out the light - it works but with my other senses now waking up, I have little chance of falling back into a peaceful state or sleep.

"She moved is she awake?" I hear.

"Jennie are you awake?" The second comes almost inaudible.

"She's not going to hear that, idiot. Look if  we don't wake her now she'll miss breakfast" As I wake more and more up, I start to distinguish between the voices.

"I'm sure she wouldn't mind" That was Jisoo.

Slap.

"Ouch" Still Chu.

"Your just saying that so you can eat double the amount!"

Finally I remove my arm and blink until my eyes open.

"Morning!" They both say brightly.

"We made breakfast"

"I know" I laugh as they help me up.

I hug Rosies arm as Jisoo dances her way to the kitchen.

"Wow!" My jaw drops when I see the table full of food.

"When did you get up and do this!?" There's so much!

"We got hungry and carried away" Rosé admits.

There is literally no empty space on the bench. The whole thing is pact with Western and East Asian food - some of  it I wouldn't even consider breakfast food.

"No kidding. It looks amazing but... you know me I'm not much of a breakfast person"

"Your not much of a lunch or dinner person either" Rosé jokes. I think. Well I hope.

I check her expression worried that my mom may have told them something. But she laughs before I feel the need to bury myself alive.

I like to think I'm good at tip toeing around the topic of food. Which you should think of as impressive with these two, seeing as it's their religion.

They're lucky though, they could eat ten times their weight and get skinnier. Where if I just sniff a bit of chocolate I put on ten pounds.

"But look at it, how can you resist!" Both Rosie and Chu take a seat, ready to feast.