nights before you

A/N I just want to say before this chapter, that there is delicate content involved and to warn you of topics of abuse, assault and trauma. I've tried my best to keep sensitive around the subject and have written as honestly as I can within my relationship to it.

Thank you xx

JENNIE,

happy

/ˈhapi/

adjective

comparative adjective: happier

feeling or showing pleasure or contentment.

synonyms:contented, content, cheerful,cheery, merry, joyful, jovial, jolly, joking, gleeful, carefree

8:45 am Busan

I sigh into a happy rest.

My cheeks sting from the cheesy grin I can't shake, while my eyes glaze lazily at nothing in particular. Looking at nothing in particular. Too busy thinking of someone in particular.

It's said that "giddy" is to make someone excited to the point of disorientation.

You could say then that Lisa has me - ridiculously - giddy. Dizzy in the most wonderful and intoxicating sense.

I sigh again.

I never thought I could be so aware of my heart until now.

You know when it's sort of heavy (the good kind!) or full? Like its overwhelmed by an immense feeling of happiness. Overpowered and yet empowered in the best way possible. Like there are little warriors marching along the sensitive edges of my heart yelling - Hwaiting! Hawaiting!

I laugh aloud, that silly thought of mine amusing me.

I feel drunk... I laugh again.

I feel nonsical.

I feel crazy.

But mostly importantly, I feel happy.

"Ah" I drop my head into my hands.

I'm losing my mind!

"Jennie" Oh God now I'm hearing her.

"Jen"

"Jennie!" The shout brings me upright.

"Huh?" I look around and find my two friends standing over me.

"What?"

"What!?" Jisoo repeats.

"We've been calling your name for the last 30 seconds. What's going on?" Rosie asks as she takes a seat next to me.