everything's a memory

LALISA,

impend

/ɪmˈpɛnd/

verb

gerund or present participle: impending

be about to happen.

synonyms:imminent, at hand, close, close at hand, near, nearing, approaching,coming, forthcoming, upcoming, to come, on the way, about to happen,upon us, in store, in the offing, in the pipeline, on the horizon, in the air, in the wind, brewing, looming,looming large, threatening,menacing;

9:40 pm Seoul

Night's have been colder.

Chillier then usual.

A sudden shift from the usual.

The usual being my lately, and my lately having been -- bearable.

Usually, mostly, often was, bearable.

Now it's barely that.

Now, it's almost winter.

The time in which we forgive -- numb cheeks and wet lashes. Forget -- umbrellas and soak in a thousand tiny splashes. Play into the trendy red tip, of a cute crimson nose. Compromise with colder mornings, and bargain for longer sleep ins.

Like, the arctic breeze can stay if I can too - cling awhile longer to my cherry colored pillow, while I succumb a little further into freshly cleaned linen. Resting there until I gain enough courage to travel the unpleasantly cold space between my bed and a sweet hot shower.

That at least is the winter I know. Talking to myself, convincing and excusing myself - it's too cold, just a little longer. It's too cold, I'll go a little later.

Last winter I almost thought about a girlfriend. Purely for the body heat. Just to have something warm to hold onto in the morning. I eventually found a way around it. A few girls and the excuse of working early. The urge to insure they left by the time I started getting ready -- by the time I'd made it to the shower.

My winter was that and too much coffee and whiskey...and bourbon...and rum...Kahlua, sometimes a Bailey's liqueur. Whatever went with the caffeine.

Whatever eased my chill.

And now, another year has been and I'm here again. Almost there again.

Almost there.

We, were almost there.

Just -- not quite. Not yet.

Technically we - I - sat still on the edge, the brink of a season. Or I mean, two seasons.