end of Busan (M)

JENNIE,

there

/ðɛː,ðə/

adverb

in, at, or to that place or position.

synonyms:at/in that place, at/in that spot,at/in that location

9:20 am Busan

"With all due respect sir, this is fucked up"

"Chu!"

I pull at my furious friend and send her behind me.

"Sorry" I bow on behalf of the two of us.

The headmaster holds an unreadable stare. An uncomfortable look to stand against - somewhat protest against. And to make it worse he fills his lack of response with this irritatingly irregular tapping. His fingers dancing on his desk like two left feet - the lack of rhythm making me more and more uncomfortable.

He was making a point, even if unconscious, that he was a man of uncertainty - unreliability.

"We're just confused..." I try my best not to divert my eyes from his.

If this was a test of strength, I would at least try compete.

"And suprised"

Despite the brief and humorous thought of.this looking a lot like having a staring competing with my headmaster, the levity of the situation was short lived. It's felt less like, whoever blinks first loses and more like, whoever blinks first wins the grand old prize of living in fear.

"He was arrested for assault... I thought he wasn't allowed back in school. In class?"

"You're putting your students in danger. Jennie in danger. He's a fu - " I not so subtly hit Jisoo, who has yet again gone marching towards the frontline with no thoughts for repercussion.

"A rapist. Sir. Wether he finished his job or not, the attempt still qualifies" I must admit, despite the untactical and impulsive nature of Jisoo, she is exceptional good at holding her ground. There is no shake in her voice or fear in her eyes.

From my seat the match between master and student is even.

"He its not a rapist Miss Kim and I won't have you falsely accusing my students" Jisoo squints and I see fire burn between the tight slits.

"You've got to be joking..."

"The boys drink was spiked, he wasn't in right mind"

"Hell yes he wasn't in right mind but his drink certainly wasn't spiked - "

"There's nothing you can do" The headmaster waves off Jisoo before she can attempt any further assault.

"His parents have proof"