Chapter 23

Death eaters were after Harry, I was just informed, Dumbledore was dead, and that we had to move tonight. Tonks practiced some spells with me this morning, and she warned me not to stray away from the group. The death eaters wanted me dead more than anyone else. I shuddered at the thought of going back there.

Remus apparated all of us to the burrow, everyone met up there. Ron, Harry, Hermione, Fred, George, Arthur, Amos, Mad eye, Fleur, Bill, and several other Aurors. My head was spinning, Harry ran over and hugged me tightly. I saw tears pour out of Hermione's eyes. "Harry." I gasped taking a good look at him. "Riley your here." He called excitedly. I laughed, "of course I am." Ron ran over and gave me a hug. And that left Fred and George, I jumped into their arms, and squealed with delight at the sight of seeing of my two best friends again. "You look like shit." George joked. Fred nodded his head in agreement, "He's not wrong." I hit them both. "I hate you." I said. And Amos came over to me slowly, he wrapped me in his arms, "it's good to have you back." He whispered. "I'm happy to be back." I answered.

Mad eye barged in the door, just as Remus and Tonks were announcing that she was pregnant. That meant that Rem was having a kid other than me. What would happen when the baby was born, would they even still have room for me. I began to panic inside, and Remus put his arm around my shoulder kissing my forehead. "I meant to tell you earlier." He whispered. I smiled up at him, "I'm happy for you." He hugged me tightly, as I tried to listen to what Mad eye was yelling about.

Fred and George drank from a small bottle before passing it over to me. I chugged back a sip quickly, and began to gag. Moody yelled, "don't throw it up Black, or your not coming." I stiffened at the sight of him, it took me back to fifth year, my last year at Hogwarts. I shivered, and Remus knelt down to see if I was okay. "That was disgusting." I said quietly so moody didn't hear.

Slowly my body began to shift and change into a different form. I soon recognized myself and everyone around me to be Harry. We were told to change into matching clothes. When I pulled off my shirt. Fred immediately began to crack up, and George laughed, "what a cute pink bra you got yourself there Harry mate." I took it off quickly and smacked George hard in the arm.

When it was time to take off, Remus quickly came over to me. "Are you mad?" He asked while hopping on his broom. I shook my head no, "let's talk later." I said. And all of us began to take flight. Halfway through the trip Black began to form around me. Death eaters, I began to panic my hands were shaking, I couldn't go back. My vision was blurring and spells were being thrown everywhere. I dove down with Mad eye. "Riley, stay close." He called. I turned to him with fear in my eyes, "don't say my name, they'll know it's me, they'll kill me." I cried. He grabbed hold of my broom and flew with me as we both casted as many spells as we could back at the death eaters. I heard the killing curse, and I was pushed down hard by Moody. I was forced to watch as it hit him square in the chest. The others flew ahead leaving me here alone to watch as he fell down. My stomach churned and one final Harry came through, and pulled my broom behind his. "You have to keep moving." He called, and I could tell he was crying. I pushed myself forward and avoided as many death eaters as I could.

When my feet finally touched the ground, tears began to fall down my face. That curse was meant for me, they knew who I was my necklace gave it away. Remus rushed over and pushed me down holding his wand up to my face. "Who are you." He yelled. "What? You know who I am?" I cried. "WHO ARE YOU?" He screamed. "Riley, I'm Riley Ann Black." I sobbed. "Prove it." He whispered. "When I was ten, remember when I snuck into the kitchen at midnight to steal cookies. But the jar fell on me and I had to get stitches." I answered.

He got up off of me and knelt down. I collapsed into his arms sobbing. Kingsley rushed over, "they recognized you. How?" He asked. I pulled on the necklace dad gave me. "Mad eyes dead Remus. Because of me." I cried into his shoulder. Neither of them knew what to say. I wiped away my tears and tried to take deep breaths, I'm ruining all of their lives, that should've been me tonight. It should have been me the day dad was killed. I pulled myself up shaking, and Remus helped me into the Weasleys house.

I saw George laying on the couch with a bloody hole where his ear should've been. I rushed over, and grabbed his hand. Fred leaned over him, "how you feeling Georgey?" He asked. George whispered, "saint like." I gave Fred and Molly a confused look then said, "come again."He pointed to his ear, "saint like, I'm holy, get it?" Even when he was hurt, he could still crack a joke. It wasn't funny, but I laughed until I was in tears. "I'm still better looking than you." He told Fred, and by then I was gasping for air I was laughing so hard.