Hairpin

Gray got to the mouth of the cave and caught his breath just for a few seconds before going in.

Gr: Juvia? Juvia, where are you?

At first, he didn't hear anything. He stood still. He only thought of the worst possible reasons of why she wasn't answering him. Was she ok? Was she alive? Was she even here? Was she... his thoughts were interrupted with a faint sound.

Ju: Gray-sa...

Gr: JUVIA!?

He ran as fast as he possibly could toward her fading voice. The cave had many tunnels, so he tried to listen for her voice, but it was so faint, it was hard to follow.

Gr: JUVIA, STAY WITH ME! KEEP TALKING SO I CAN FIND YOU!

Ju: Gray-sama...

Gr: I'M ALMOST THERE HOLD ON!

He was close now he could feel it. He knew she was just around the corner.

Gr: I'm here Juvia.

Ju: Don't look at Juvia, she is... exposed.

Gray wasn't looking at her, he was facing the entrance of the tunnel she was in he could hear her, but not see her.

Gr: I gotta get you out somehow. I'm coming in now.

Ju: PLEASE DON'T, please. At least close your eyes so you don't see Juvia.

Gr: Fine, I'm walking in now, my eyes are closed.

As he slowly began to walk in he began to wonder what Juvia meant by "exposed" was she showing... oh... Gray began to blush just thinking about all Juvia's snow-white skin, completely exposed. He quickly snapped out of it when he tripped and fell to the ground.

Gr: OW, what the hell Juvia, I thought you were supposed to tell me where I was going.

He waited for a response.

Gr: Juvia, answer me. Juvia? JUVIA?!

He quickly got up, opened his eyes, and scanned the room for her. He saw a figure against the wall. He began to walk towards her. Noticing that she looked an odd color. He grabbed the lantern from the table where Noctis and Sabre had been eating. He took it back to Juvia, and almost dropped it in shock when he saw her. She wasn't awake. Her body was completely naked. But on top of that her skin, her snow-white skin, had been ruined by gashes, cuts, bruises, filth, and blood. As he got inches away from her, he noticed hickeys and bite marks on her neck, and bite marks on her lips. She was even chained to the wall like an animal. Gray began to cry. He felt that this was all his fault, for not talking to Juvia before she left. He should have tried to stop her, or at least gone with her. He looked down at the ground, ashamed of what Juvia went through. While facing the ground he noticed a shiny thing on the ground next to her feet. He leaned down and picked it up. It was a butterfly hairpin, one that he gave Juvia for her birthday, and it was covered in blood, Juvia's blood. She brought it with her on every job that year, but that was two years ago. Was she still taking it with her? Gray began to cry harder.

Gr: Why, Juvia? Why? After all these years, why do you still care about me? I am just a selfish bastard. Please forgive me. I... I can't live without you.

He tried to stop his tears but couldn't. This was unlike him, but it seemed right. He broke Juvia's chains and covered her in his jacket. He cradled her in his arms and continued to cry. His tears dropped onto her bruised and bloodied face. He looked at her, once perfect face, at the pain and suffering she had been through.

Gr: Please wake up, please. This is the last thing I will ever ask of you. Juvia, please.

He closed his eyes, tears continued to fall from his eyes. He never knew if he would se Juvia's smile, hear her laugh, feel her warm touch, or hear himself be called "Gray-sama", ever again.
He felt a hand lightly cup his face. He opened his eyes. He saw Juvia's eyes, and her hand was on his cheek.

Ju: Why are you crying Gray-sama? Juvia is right here.