On The Water

Juvia entered the guild and was greeted by her friends. They also had a few questions for her.

Lu: Where were you last night Juvia? We didn't see you come home.

Le: Yeah, we were beginning to worry. What happened?

Er: You better tell us, or we will never leave you alone.

Ju: Juvia is fine, she just went on a special mission overnight and returned earlier this morning, probably after you were all here.

Ga: You aren't lying, are you? I can tell
something is up.

Na: Seems like she's telling the truth to me.

Ju: Juvia promises that it wasn't dangerous, it was actually fun, to be honest.

Er: Whatever you say Juvia. Anyway, I have a job with Gajeel, Natsu, Lucy, and Gray. We should get going.

Na: Quick question, not that I care or anything, but where is Gray? I haven't seen him all day.

Lu: That is odd isn't it. I guess we can do it without him. We can just take Levy instead, since Juvia just got back from a mission and is probably tired.

Le: Sounds good Lucy.

Er: Okay then, lets head out, and Juvia, if you see Gray, tell him we are going to have to talk about his attendance when I get back, ok?

Ju: Sure, thing Erza, bye now, be safe.

As the team of four left the guild hall seemed to be much quieter. There were still plenty of people there, but it didn't bother Juvia that much. She got bored without her friends to talk to, so she decided to take a walk. As she left the guild she saw Gray leaning against the exterior guild wall, seeming to be in deep thought. He looked at her with a straight face and Juvia winked back, causing Gray to blush and look away. Juvia continued to walk and felt Gray's eyes on her. She giggled to herself and headed to the park, with Gray not too far behind. She began to walk slower and stopped in the middle of the road. She immediately spun around and saw Gray trying to act casual.

Ju: Do you need something, because if you don't, stop following me, thanks.

She continued to walk toward the park, and she knew Gray was still following her. She knew he would but tried to act as if she didn't notice. She walked to the lake and sat down at the edge of it. She began to use her water magic to make shapes out of the water. Gray thought he was hidden and that she didn't know he was here. He watched her for a long time as she formed things out of water. Juvia forgot that Gray was watching her after a while, so when she thought she was alone she formed a person out of water. She and her water person stepped out onto the water and began to dance. Gray was dozing off when they began to dance but when the figure picked up Juvia and spun her around, it looked very familiar, it was... Lyon? Juvia was dancing with a water form of his long-time rival. Gray's blood began to boil as he watched. The dancing became more and more graceful as time went on. Juvia was smiling and laughing the whole time she was dancing. Gray couldn't take it anymore, he was furious. He stormed out of his hiding place toward Juvia.

Gr: JUVIA, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!

Juvia was caught off guard and the water man fell back into the water, disappearing. Juvia lost her footing and control of the water and fell in. She was scared, so the water began to swirl around her as she lost control. She tried to fight the water but failed, allowing the water to throw her on a rock under the water. She passed out after her head hit the rock. The water calmed, and she floated to the surface, her face still in the water. Gray was still heading toward the lake but when Juvia floated to the top he began to run. Ran to the edge of that water and dove in, swimming to Juvia. When he reached her, he noticed a bit of reddish water around her head. He swam her back to the edge of the lake.

Gr: Juvia are you okay?

No response.

Gr: Juvia this isn't funny. Answer me Juvia. Juvia?

Still no response. He leaned his ear toward her mouth to see if she was breathing. He heard extremely faint breathing. He picked her up and ran with her in his arms to the hospital.