Chapter 6

Amber's

"Amber!"

I stopped from walking. Just before I stepped in on Pentagon's huge expensive gate, a loud voice shouted my name that probably got the crowd's attention— specifically the students and professors that were walking like me.

"Amber!"

I looked from behind to see a girl—a beautiful girl—running towards my direction with a huge bright smile painted on her lips, waving her long, slender arms to me.

"Amber."

She stopped in front of me, reducing the distance between us because of her intimate gesture. She held my hand and greeted me. "Good morning, Amber."

I stared at her intently. Her long, dark hair gracefully falls just right above her chest, her almond grayish eyes that would probably drown you somewhere deep, her pinkish lips, her fierce look with a drop of softness, and a goddess-like body any man will definitely drool for. Brushing those features aside, she really looked familiar. Still, I didn't know how or why.

"Done checking me out?" she asked rather boldly. She put a hand on her hips and gave me a smirk—a proud one to be exact.

I shifted my gaze on the pavement, realizing that I actually did and I had no excuse for it. That was very rude of me. I scanned the crowd and noticed their stares toward this girl, maybe admiring her stunning beauty, or maybe finding this one odd for her observed hyper behavior.

I looked at her after and sighed. "Sorry, but you seemed familiar." I apologized, "Have we met before, perhaps?"

The girl's eyes mirrored a hint of disappointment, I think that was it called. Seconds later a smile appeared on her lips along with the change of her eyes' light. It was as if she's amused or something.

"Aw, ang bilis mo naman makalimot." She pouted her lips. "Ako 'to, si Zeke. The one you toured last time. Remember?"

I felt something warm on my hands, only to know that she already laced her fingers with mine without my consent. She gripped it tightly, disallowing me to let go from her. I did try to get my hand but nothing happened.

I already remembered her in an instant. She's the new student I toured last time just like what she said. Ah, why I keep forgetting people who were not significant to me? I didn't see her for the last few days, so that can also explain why I forgot her that easy. It's not like it mattered.

"The girl who forced me to eat at the cafeteria," I blurted out rather unconsciously. It was a slip of the tongue kind of thought. I felt embarrassed but decided not to show it. What's done was already done, can't be take back. Besides, that's the most distinct memory that I can remember about her.

She giggled and hugged me that made me gasp. I groaned after. This woman was really clingy, we're not even close!

"Yehey!" she beamed like a kid, "Akala ko nalimutan mo na ako, eh. Halika na?"

"Where?" I confusingly asked.

"To our first class." she answered. "Ang alam ko parehas tayo ng schedule, eh. This is a great day to start." I can sense her immense excitement for some reason. "Kailangan kong humabol sa klase. Math tayo ngayon, 'di ba?"

I nodded slowly. Her smile grew wider as she quickly pulled me inside the Pentagon's gate, dragging me straightly to our room in a dash—without me—having the chance to complain at her sudden rush.

I was panting as we made our way to our seats at the secluded part of the room. She sat to my right side, pulling her chair closer to me. That was the first time I ran that fast just to go to class—and it's not even allowed to do that. I took my handkerchief to wipe my sweat.