Chapter 18

Amber's

Zekhaila and I walked until we stopped on a place that was very familiar to me. This was the ice cream parlor she'd been telling me—the place where we first met.

"Pasok tayo." She held my hand and gently pulled me inside.

The familiar coldness and smell of sweet ice creams filled my nose. This place was really cozy and comforting. I can't remember well why I've gone here that time. But maybe it's this reason—to meet Zekhaila. As cliché as it may sound, I think that's it.

She accompanied me to sit on one of the chair near the glass window. I sat down and stared at her.

"Bibili lang ako, ha." she said. I nodded then she went on the counter.

I was just looking at her. I never expected myself to be in this place with the one I love. Well, I never expected to fall in love either. Zekhaila was very beautiful, sweet, and kindhearted. She might be possessive sometimes but I love that side of her, even the way she won't take no for an answer. Still, she always knew how to wait and that's very loving of her. She's a passionate woman.

She came back holding a two tub of ice cream. She gave me the cookies 'n cream as usual and she got the rocky road. I scooped the ice cream and took a bite, moaning in delight, it was delicious.

Zekhaila suddenly scooped her rocky road and tinapat malapit sakin. "Tikman mo."

She gave me a big smile. I obliged and tasted the rocky road. I smiled and held her hand. "It tastes good."

She just tightened her hold on my hand and smiled back. She then started to play with my fingers and palm, lightly tracing small circles on it using her own finger.

"Amber, thanks for accepting who I am, and for accepting this kind of love na meron tayo." she told me. I gulped. God, it sounded so emotional and sincere. I never even expected to meet this kind of person who can strike my heart with just those words. And her eyes—it was beautiful.

I just smiled at her. My heart was making chaos in my chest. I know she understood what my smile actually was. Even though I was not expressive enough to show what I was really feeling, I know that she fully understood me. I didn't need to speak or to do anything. She's the only one who's capable to read me—the only one who can see through me—the only one who can break my walls.

I think the person who invented the word special will know these stuffs. I guess we will all have that special people in our life one way or another. Just when we thought we're contented the way life was—that's when they'll get into the picture and you know you'll never let them go after.

"Ubusin na natin 'to para makauwi na tayo." She wiped the mess on my lips. I smiled.

--

We went outside after we ate. We were walking hand by hand, swaying it. I was happy right now and I feel like I was floating on the clouds. I felt light. Having Zekhaila with me was just simply wonderful.

"Zeke."

We stopped when a guy called Zekhaila. He was handsome, I won't take that away. He smiled when he saw her and that smile faded when his gaze focused on our intertwined hands. I frowned. He didn't look happy now.

"Elrick," Zekhaila called. So, that's his name. Who was he? I wonder if he's a friend, too. I already met some of Zekhaila's friend. Maybe this man was an agent as well.

"Kaibigan mo ba siya, Zeke?" Elrick guy asked.

"Halika na, Amber." She didn't answer the question and just pulled me. Nilagpasan namin iyong lalaki.