Chapter 11

Amber's

I opened my eyes only to find Zekhaila sleeping soundly as her arm were securely wrapped around my waist. Her face was only a few inches away from mine and I can't help myself but to watch her sleeping.

She's really beautiful, no doubt about that.

I traced her face with my finger—it was smooth and soft—from her thin eyebrow, long eyelashes, her pointed nose, down to her slightly parted lips. My gaze focused on her soft, pinkish lips, and touched it. It looked delicate and inviting.

I shook my head. Wait that was a wrong thought.

I felt my cheeks burning again as I remembered what happened last night. She used those lips to kiss me and...I was feeling like it still lingered on my skin and when she bit my ear—I almost thought I'd make a sound. It's embarrassing. And yet, it was too warm to my comfort. Her lips brushing on my neck was too overwhelming that I was really thankful that she stopped after.

Still, I wonder, what's the taste of her lips would be like? It was soft, like flower petals, will it taste just like that?

This was really crazy. I think I'd lose my sane thoughts any moment from now if I continue further. I shouldn't think of it. I should stop it, but I can't. I really wanted to know why. Why did she do that? I didn't know the answers yet.

Her presence has always bothered me in a way that I can't stop thinking about her. I admit that I feel happy whenever she's with me. I get to be me, who I really was, and she didn't mind. But I was always nervous whenever she was getting too close. I was trying not to make it obvious, really. I tried so hard to ignore that feeling of electricity coursing through my veins.

This was bad. I can't help myself but to think about her often than usual. This was my first time to feel this way. We've just known each other recently and yet, I feel like she's been with me all my life, like I won't be able to live without her now. I got used quickly to her presence.

I gasped when Zekhaila suddenly smiled and opened her eyes. She—she caught me staring at her!

I was about to retreat my hand from tracing her face but she quickly grabbed it and sucked my pointer finger. I was taken aback at what she did. I tried yanking my hand back but she didn't budge as usual. She was staring at me.

Those sleepy eyes, and yet, it looked like she's teasing me on purpose.

She bit my finger lightly as she gently swirled her tongue around it. I inhaled, and then exhaled, trying to erase my sudden trembling and the racing of my heart. I was afraid that I was starting to get used with these reactions and skin contact, too.

Finally, she let go of my hand. I was staring at her when she kissed my forehead. "Good morning."

I avoided her gaze when she smiled. I clenched my fist. I was still feeling uncomfortable. I feel...hot. My face felt like it will burst in red. "G-good morning."

"Nagalit ka ba sa ginawa ko?" Her forehead started frowning. Concern reflected her eyes. It's a wonder how come I quickly calmed down by just that look. I didn't know the answers yet. "I'm sorry, I can't help myself."

"N-no. I just...my body..." I shook my head. I lowered down our bed sheet. "Is the aircon not working? Bigla kasing uminit."

From her furrowed expression, a smirk suddenly appeared on her lips. I was rendered speechless when she hovered on my top, towering me, trapping me. I gulped. "Am I turning you on?"

"I d-don't know. All I know is that I want... I..."

I think I'll be a tomato right now, or an apple, either way, both looked red and I think I was, too, because my face felt so hot. I looked at Zekhaila. What did I want to do? I didn't know. I didn't even know why I said it. Just please let the ground eat me alive!