Chapter Seven: The Jig is Up

The next morning was surprisingly calm. There was food waiting for me, Mary was quietly reading a book, Jackson was nowhere to be found, and the Muscle boys were guarding the entrances. I was happily watching Marvel movies while sipping tea and eating toast when the door flew open. 

Muscle One let out a small sound of shock as he stared at the intruder in shock. "Oh shoot it you, I want to see my new friend." A female voice sounded. Curiosity enticed me to lean forward slightly to see Rebekah standing there with a proud grin on her face. "Hello dear." 

I grinned and swallowed the bite still in my mouth, "Hey Rebekah!" I greeted with a grin, hopping off the bed. "What's up with my favorite Original?" 

"Nik and Stefan are going to take me shopping and I need a girl there," Rebekah told me seriously. 

Smiling, I nodded my head. "Let me get my coat."

I was seated next to Klaus on a couch in the boutique that Rebekah dragged us all to. My companions had compelled the staff to close the doors and get us anything we required, including but not limited to their blood. I sighed in pity as Stefan drank from another girl, the poor thing looked like she was about to topple over. 

I glanced at the changing room. Rebekah was taking an awfully long time. "There has to be more to this dress." She complained loudly. I guess that's why she was taking some time. 

Klaus smirked in amusement, "There's not." He answered loudly. 

Rebekah left the fitting room. In my opinion, she looked great but Rebekah also has one of those bodies that anything looks good on. "So women in the 21st-century dress like prostitutes, then. You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers." She complained, stunning me by the reminder that she had been asleep for a hundred years. 

The man on my left grinned and draped his arm around my shoulders. "You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing." 

I took a hold of his hand and moved his arm back to his lap. When I tried to pull my hand back though, he yanked me down so my head was on his lap and then laid his arm over my torso. After a few attempts of pushing it off, I gave up and just laid there. 

"And what is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident." I giggled lightly at the comparison. Mainly because it was so out of time. 

Stefan shrugged his shoulders. "It's dance music." 

With that, the blonde Original looked at me. "People dance to this?" I nodded my head a few times, gaining a shocked look from her. "Weird."

 While petting my hair, Klaus huffed. "Are we done?" He asked like a small child. 

"And why are you so grumpy?" Rebekah sassed him with a pout. 

I could almost feel Klaus' irritation raise. "I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids are dying, one thing. Your necklace. And you lost it."  

I frowned and looked at him. "I didn't lose it. It's just been missing for ninety years." 

Klaus glowered at his sister. "Hey, don't be mad at her, maybe she would have been able to find it easier if you hadn't stuck her in a box for ninety years. All actions have their consequences." I said admonishingly. 

Rebekah grinned at me. "Thank you Europa!" She cheered before turning to Stefan. "So what do you think?" 

"I like it." He responded half-heartedly. Rebekah huffed and crossed her arms while I stared at Stefan in confusion. "What? I said I like it." 

"I can always tell when you're lying, Stefan," Rebekah said as she turned around to go back into the fitting room. 

I shrugged. "I liked it."