Chapter Eleven: A Bloody Love Story

After a while, I saw signs of strain on Dana, who was desperately trying to stay on one foot. "Keep it up," Klaus told her with a grin.

Elena looked worried, then turned to Klaus. "Where's Stefan? What did you do to him? Why is Europa quiet?"

"Stefan's on a time out. And Europa here is silently fearing me." He turned my face to him, "You can make noise now love, we found her." I started to sob. "It's okay, it has been a trying week on you, Love. Kidnapped, fed off of, almost killed yourself, got attacked more than once, compelled, and knocked out almost every day. Terrible."

I nodded pitifully. "You must be terrified. Why don't you tell your sister how scared you were."

I turned to Elena. "I was so scared, Lena. No one came for me, he almost killed me, his men almost killed me. I thought I was dead. He's a monster, he's going to rip my head off the first chance he gets." Elena had tears in her eyes as she stared at me, I was trembling in fear against Klaus.

Her gaze narrowed on him. "She's still wearing her necklace. You're compelling her, how?"

Klaus smiled then turned back to me. "You are no longer scared of me. In fact, I'd say you love me, wouldn't you? Almost like Romeo and Juliet."

Everything clicked to place. Why would I ever fear Klaus? He would never hurt me, I love him! I never understood Romeo and Juliet more than this week. A brief, forbidden love. My hand went to his face and traced it softly. Then I grabbed his neck and kissed him furiously.

He was a great kisser.

When I pulled away, I knew what I had to do. I had to be like Juliet, and if I climbed high enough on the rock wall and let go, I would be.

I wandered away as Klaus explained to my sister that he had gotten all the vervain from my system then borrowed my necklace and had the vervain taken from it as well. I started to climb. When I was at the top and looking down, my lover and my sister noticed where I was.

"Love, what are you doing up there?" Klaus asked nervously.

I smiled at him. "It's okay, we'll be together again. Just like Romeo and Juliet. But they're only together because of Juliet's sacrifice." Elena's eyes widened, and Klaus looked genuinely shocked.

Then I let go, the air was rushing past me as the ground came closer. Elena screamed. I landed in a strong pair of arms and met the eyes of my one true love. "You will not try and kill yourself ever again. We are not like Romeo and Juliet, more like a different love story that didn't end in the deaths of the two lovers."

I thought about it for a moment. "Like Jane and Thor?" I asked curiously.

"Sure, just like Jane and Thor." I looked over and found Elena staring at me weirdly as something dawned on her. Odd.

I had no time to contemplate Elena's realization though because, at that moment, Matt and Bonnie walked into the Gym. "Bonnie, get out of here!" My sister shouted at her in fear.

Not a second later I was on my feet, and Klaus was next to Bonnie. "Ah, I was wondering when you'd show up. Now we can get started." I just had to make sure his plan worked. It didn't matter that I didn't necessarily know what that plan was, I just knew I had to help him. I loved him, after all. "Ah, Dana, why don't you relax? You and Chad sit tight." So merciful, he really was.

Klaus looked back down at Bonnie. "I assume you're the reason Elena's still walking around alive?" I faltered. I loved him, but Elena was my sister. I didn't want her to die.

The Bennet witch nodded and looked Klaus right in the eyes. "That's right. If you want to blame someone, blame me."

"Oh, there's no need for blame, love. Just your witchy interference seems to have caused some undesirable side effects. And since you caused the problem, I'm going to have you find the fix." That seemed fair. Hopefully, it didn't involve Elena dying.