Thirty-One: Too Far

A/N because it's the Louisville vs Notre Dame game and I am actually dying. Go cards! Enjoy the chapter.

I stayed frozen in my spot after Elena had left the room, shocked into still silence for a moment. Then, I remembered that if Finn came in, he would hear me and quickly jumped back to the first balcony and walked into the room connected. 

That's about when things started going south. 

In the room stood Klaus who was with a pouting Kol and a confused Rebekah, "Uh, hey! What are you guys doing here?" I asked nervously as I shut the balcony door behind me, careful to keep Finn and Esther know that I was listening in.

"Well, I feel like I deserve to ask you that question, Darling, seeing as we're in my room," Klaus said slowly. 

Well shit. "Oh! So this is your room! That, uh, explains why there are no toilets. I was looking for the bath- I'm not convincing anyone here, am I?" All three vampires shook their heads. "Well damn." 

Then Elijah entered the room, shutting the door behind us. "Supposedly Mother really wishes peace." He said, slightly unconvinced, well he should be. 

"Who told you that?" Kol asked, glancing at me. 

Everyone looked at me, "The doppelganger, do we have reason to doubt her word?" Elijah asked me, crossing his arms. 

"Europa, dear, I want you to tell me what my mother and Elena spoke about now," Kol told me. 

Even if I wanted to stop the words I was saying, I couldn't. "She's using Elena's blood to do a linking spell so that she can kill all of you. Elena is cooperating because she wants Klaus dead, but in order to do that, he needs to be linked with one of the easier original's to kill. Elena's blood will be in the champagne tonight, that's how she'll do the spell." I told them, only earning unsurprised nods in return. 

By now I had started pacing, twiddling with my thumbs, not pausing in my speech, "Her exact words were if one goes they all go, but it doesn't make sense because she spoke about you being curses on the Earth, but common sense would follow to conclude that if Esther spent a thousand years planning this, she would want more than just five... vampires... dead, shit." 

All the original siblings cocked their heads and looked at me, "What?" They said in creepy unison. 

I looked at them, face pale. "Elena is going to be so glad I stopped this when she finds out," I said shakily, "Think about it, a thousand years of plotting for five vampires? No, of course not, that does nothing. She wants to restore the balance of nature, in order to do that, she has to wipe out all the vampires that ever existed. Meaning there is probably already a link between you and everyone from your sire line. If she links all of you together, she only has to kill one and thousands upon thousands of vampires," I snapped my fingers, "gone." 

"This isn't an act of revenge, this is genocide," I said with finality, looking between my companions. 

Just then, my phone went off and I checked it. Alaric was home from the bar, but he didn't do anything, just passed out and went to bed. "I'm sorry, is genocide boring you?" Klaus asked, clearly unamused by me checking my phone.

"No, I'm just working on a serial killer too right now, so... eyes everywhere so to speak." 

All I got was silence in response, prompting me to look up and glance at the group, "Serial killer?" 

"Council is being targeted by a killer that, ironically, kills them as you would a vampire." I explained, "Seeing as I am about to explain to my sister that genocide is not a good thing, I should probably practice what I preach and stop the killer. Also, now I'm on the council so... motivation."