Chapter Thirteen: Adulting to do

The feeling of having your blood sucked from your body wasn't a pleasant one. Your veins start to ache and so does your chest as your heart slows down, not having anything to pump, it causes a lack of oxygen that compels you to gasps, trying to take in any air you can for the little blood you had left to carry. 

Unfortunately, it's a sensation that I've become quite familiar with. 

Stefan was slowly working his way through my neck when the gym door opened. I only faintly heard the sound over the rushing in my ears. 

There was a snarl, and suddenly, my blood wasn't being drained anymore. Murmurs of talking noises occurred as soft, small hands brushed my head, moving my hair from my face. Faintly, I could make out a female's body shape that looked vaguely familiar, but for the life of me, I couldn't remember why. 

Another shape joined the first, and then I felt blood slip down my throat. I tried to push the arm away but instead whoever it was grabbed me and pulled me into their lap, keeping me from fighting, forcing me to drink. 

Then everything started to clear up. My eyesight became sharper, and my memory clearer. Klaus was holding me, Elena was hyperventilating nearby at the more than likely, very close call with me, and Stefan was staring at me with bloodlust in his eyes. 

I tapped Klaus' arm, and he removed it from my mouth. "That was an idiotic plan, Love. 

"It worked though." I said with a smile, "Lena's okay." 

Klaus shook his head at me and sighed. "You, Darling, are a very stubborn woman and a great sister. You must sleep now, though, it's okay." I knew he was compelling me, but I didn't care. I was exhausted, so my eyes slid shut, and I fell asleep. 

I woke up sometime later alone in the back of the truck I have spent the better part of a week in. "Oh bloody hell, not again," I grumbled then paused at the strange euphemism. "Oh, come on! It has only been one week, and I am adopting his speech! Stupid head." 

The car door opened and in hopped Rebekah who looked quite confused. "Hey, you're up." She said with a smile. 

I nodded softly and looked around. "Where's Elena, is she okay? Where's Klaus? What happened after I fell asleep?" I asked, glancing around the car. 

"Elena is giving blood right now, Klaus is waiting for us to come by with the car. Tyler lived, Elena's blood was apparently the key to the hybrid problem, and now we are getting out of town." Rebekah explained as she started the truck. 

My eyes widened, and I looked at her in shock. "I can't leave town! I have to take care of Jeremy, and I have a job I need to get back to." I complained. 

I met Rebekah's eyes in the rearview mirror. "You'll have to talk with Klaus, but he seemed adamant about you coming with us." We drove to the front of the hospital, only to find no Klaus. "That little bastard, wait here, Love." 

Outside, Rebekah talked on the phone for some time, angrily throwing up her hands until finally she nodded and walked back to the car. 

When she got in, she said nothing, just handed me the phone. "Hello?" I asked softly. 

"Darling! You're awake! Good so, I have some news. I am going to be out of town for the foreseeable future, so I need you to give me your phone number so you can complete your compulsion order." Klaus said over the phone. 

My eyebrows furrowed, I don't remember any compulsion about calling Klaus. Even so, I told him my phone number, a look of confusion on my face. "Wait, I thought all you wanted was to make more hybrids, why did you just leave Elena here if she's the only thing that can make them?"