Chapter Seventeen: Story Time, Originals

For a week since my little lapse in judgment, I have been going to work, dealing with supernatural ghosts, and the stress that is being the older sister to Elena and adopted older sister to Rebekah and Caroline during homecoming week. 

During all of this, Damon found a cave with very old writing in it that the dead Mason Lockwood lead him to. So my day off was spent with me in the Salvatore Boarding House with Rebekah as she compelled a fashion show trying to catch up on some work and calm Caroline down too. 

"What about these ones?" She asked me, gesturing for the three models wearing a yellow, purple, and black dress to come out. 

I made a face, "Definitely not the yellow or purple one, the black is bearable though." I told her while I wrote out a few different equations on my iPad. 

The couch dipped and I looked over to find Rebekah looking over my shoulder. "What are you working on?" She asked me in confusion. 

"Physics. Why? Want to help?" The blonde just gave me a look and shook her head no. 

I chuckled and turned back to my work, biting my lip as one equation gave me some difficulties. "Is this for your job or for your doctorate?" She asked me, taking a sip of the blood in her glass and making a face, "This bagged stuff is disgusting." 

"It's for work. I do work for my doctorate on weekends and at night." I explained to her before shutting off my Ipad. When Rebekah made another disgusted face I sighed and held out my wrist. "Just drink from me." 

Slowly, my friend looked up at me, hunger in her eyes. I knew she wanted to, but at the same time, she didn't want to hurt me. "Are you sure?" 

"Of course, you can just give me some of your blood to heal me and no one will be the wiser," I told her with a roll of my eyes.

Taking my arm, Rebekah's face transformed just before she bit into my skin, drinking from my wrist. I winced at the contact but really the pain wasn't so bad. She wasn't draining me quickly, taking her time to cause me less pain. After a minute, she pulled back and licked her lips. 

At this point I was slumped into the couch, tired from the blood loss. Rebekah wasted no time in biting into her own wrist and giving me some of her own blood. Within seconds I was healed as if nothing had happened. 

"Thanks, Darling, I needed that." She told me with a satisfied sigh. "Out of curiosity, why doesn't your blood taste of vervain?" 

"I was kidnapped for a week because I was on vervain, I think I'll just stick to wearing it from now on," I told her, twisting my necklace in between my fingers. 

I heard the front door opened and stared suspiciously at Rebekah, who was smirking evilly. "What did you do?" 

"I invited a troublesome doppelganger over for story time, you don't mind if we hang with your kid sister right?" She asked, standing up happily. 

I groaned and sunk deeper into the couch. "Why me?" 

Rebekah chose to ignore my rhetorical question and smiled at Elena, "Hey! What's up?"

Elena looked at Rebekah in confusion, "You invited me over? To talk?" Then her gaze found me, "Europa? What are you doing here?" 

"It's quiet, outside of Bekah, and I have a lot of work to catch up on." I shrugged my shoulders, pulling my iPad back out. 

"All right girls, have at it!" Rebekah called, this time all six of her girls walked out in different colored dresses. "Okay, now twirl, please." 

Elena looked at Rebekah in confusion. "You compelled your own private runway show?" 

Acting as though it was obvious, Rebekah nodded, "I need a Homecoming dress. So, what do you think? Pick one."