Thirty-Two: Taken

The next morning, I didn't want to do anything. I didn't even want to get out of bed. 

The beautiful thing was it was the weekend. I didn't have to do anything if I didn't want to, and I had no intentions to do anything today. There were things I needed to do, but nothing I wanted to do, nor cared enough to do. 

At least, until my phone buzzed a few times sharply. Huffing, I picked it up and pressed it to my ear, "Hello?" 

"Miss Gilbert," My eyes slid closed. The last thing I wanted to do today was spending time with Elijah. Especially after what we did last night to Klaus. I just wanted to wallow in self-pity.

Sighing, I rolled over on my bed, "Elijah, what can I help you with?" 

"I want to make sure that we circumvented my mother's attempt to kill my siblings and I. As a proven friend of Rebekah, I'm sure you can respect that wish," Elijah stated over the phone. 

"Yeah, I get that-" My voice broke as I saw Alaric's reflection in the window. He was in my doorway, glaring at me, "What do you need?" 

If Elijah noticed a change in my voice, he didn't comment on it, "I'll be by to pick you and Elena up in a few minutes, be ready to go by then." 

Then he hung up. 

One. 

Two. 

Three.

Sitting up, I turned and looked, seeing Alaric staring at me normally now. It was hard to tell which Rick I was speaking to at all times. However, now, I had a problem. Serial Killer Rick knew I was working with the Originals. I was almost guaranteed to be at the top of his hit list now.

"Hey, Rick, what's up?" I asked with a smile, trying to act like I knew nothing of his murderous tendencies.  

A smile lit up Rick's features. "I'm going to the bar with Meredith, I just wanted to let you know in case anything came up." 

"Sounds good," I said with a smile before waving goodbye to him. 

Once I heard the front door slam, I released a breath and went to my closet to change. After I was dressed, I went into my bathroom and pulled my makeup and hairbrush out of the drawer. It was when my eyes met the mirror that my heart stopped. 

Rick was standing right behind me. 

"You're a hypocrite, and you need to be stopped." He said. His voice made the hair on my neck stand up on end.

Whirling around, I raised my fist to punch him, but he caught my wrist in one hand, the other coming up and wrapping around the back of my neck, forcing my head to connect with the sink and knocking me out cold. 

It was dark when I woke up. Light barely filtered in through the top of the old cell, and I was chained to the chair in the middle of the room. "Help! Somebody help me! Please!" I shrieked on the top of my lungs. 

I was trapped in the old Forbes cell, and the only person who knew where I was was the psychotic alter ego of Alaric Saltzman. 

Great. 

Looking down at my wrists, I tried tugging on my restraints, which was a lost cause seeing as they could hold a vampire with no problem. 

What in the hell was I going to do? 

Damon and Stefan were going insane with worry about Elena and Europa. Well, Damon was worrying, Stefan was working on worrying.