Chapter Twelve: The Sacrifice Play

Stefan was feeding off of Chad. It's rather sad how desensitized I've become to people feeding on humans until they don't have any more blood, I didn't even bat an eye. I was tucked safely under Klaus' arm, just watching everyone in the room. "It's always nice to see a vampire in his true element. The species has become such a broody lot." Klaus said to me with a fond smile, lightly touching my nose. 

I nodded my head in agreement. "I blame Edward Cullen. Just saying." 

I looked over at my sister to see her angrier than ever before, "No. You did this to him." She accused Klaus which I mean, yeah that's fair.

Klaus shook his head with a grin, "I invited him to the party, love. He's the one dancing on the table." 

The gym doors open and we all glance over, except Stefan, who was draining chad of life. Rebekah stormed into the room, she looked angry, but something seemed false almost calculated. "Where is it?! Where's my necklace?" 

My eyes widened, and I glanced over at Elena, whose neck was bare of any necklace. Klaus tightened his hold on my waist and stared at his sister, "What are you talking about?"

"She has my necklace. Look." Rebekah handed Klaus the phone to see a picture of Elena with the talisman hanging off her neck. Klaus locked his jaw and looked at Elena and Stefan, "Well, well. More lies." Then he glanced down at me, "And you would have known too, yet you said nothing." I tried to get out of his grip, but he just pulled me closer, "Why didn't you tell me?" 

I stared at him sadly, "She's my sister, I had to protect her. It's my job." 

Even if Klaus wanted to deal with my newly discovered secret, Rebekah took that moment to vamp out and try to rip off her head with her teeth. As soon as she attacked, I gasped and tried to reach Elena, but Klaus beat me to it. "Knock it off!"

The Original Sister wasn't happy with the interruption and turned to Klaus angrily. "Make her tell me where it is, Nik!" She demanded. 

I walked over to Elena and pulled her hand away from her neck, looking at the wound. Pulling a piece of fabric from my shirt, I put it in her hand and pressed it to the bite mark. "Keep this on it," I told her softly, earning a nod before she glanced back at Klaus and Rebekah. 

The pair were staring at us contemplatively. "Where's the necklace, sweetheart? Be honest."

"I'm telling the truth. Katherine stole it." Elena affirmed to the pair softly. We met eyes, and I searched for the truth. 

After a moment, I nodded and turned to Klaus, "She's not lying, I always know when she is. If she says Katherine has it, then I'm inclined to believe her." 

Klaus winced and nodded, "Katerina. Of course. Well, that's unfortunate. If we had the necklace, it would make things a whole lot easier for your witch, but since we're doing this the hard way, let's put a clock on it, shall we?" 

I watched him in confusion as he hits a couple of buttons on the clock and put a time up there. Then he walked over to Stefan and looked him dead in the eye, "Twenty minutes. If Bonnie hasn't found a solution by then, I want you to feed again. Only this time, I want you to feed on Elena. You know you want to." 

Immediately I moved my sister behind me as my eyes widened. "No, Klaus! Don't do this to him!" She shouted. 

Klaus looked back over at us, seeing me shaking my head at him. Then, he turned back to Stefan. "No one leaves. If she tries to run, fracture her spine." 

My heart jumped, and I tightened my grip on Elena, "No! No, Klaus, please! Please, she's my sister, she's only seventeen, please, don't do this! I can't lose her." I pleaded with him, tears welling in my eyes.