32

Italics are the lyrics to Two of Us by Louis Tomlinson

Tom's POV

That day Y/n got super depressed. She didn't want to talk to anyone including me. But despite all that, she wanted to keep the babies alive. She kept up her health, went to monthly check-ups, and went for walks daily. I would try and comfort her, but she would just push my affection away. She was very distanced. I couldn't blame her. Her other half died. That would be so incredibly hard. 

Y/n POV 

Its been a minute since i called you. Just to hear the answerphone. Yeah I know that you won't eat this, but I'll leave a message so I'm not alone. 

Dear Christa,

I don't know how many times that I've called you just to hear your voice one more time. You've been gone for 6 weeks now. These have been the hardest 6 weeks of my life. But somehow, when I feel like i want to give up, I feel you encouraging me to keep going.

This morning I woke up still dreaming, with memories playing through my head. 

I can still see us playing in the creek behind our childhood home. Memories of us talking for hours after our first school dance. Just you and me against the world. 

You'll never know how much I miss you. The day that they took you, i wish it was me instead.

Everyday I imagine how I could have stopped it. How you could still be with me right now. 

But you once told me "Don't give up. You can do it day by day." And diamonds they don't turn to dust, or fade away. 

So I will keep you, day and night, here until the day I die
I'll be living one life for the two of us
I will be the best of me, always keep you next to me
I'll be living one life for the two of us
Even when I'm on my own, I know I won't be alone
Tattooed on my heart are the words of your favourite song
I know you'll be looking down, swear I'm gonna make you proud
I'll be living one life for the two of us

I'm naming one of our kids after you. And I miss you so much Christa.

-Y/n Y/l/n

I sign the letter and put it on her bed with the other letters that I've written her. Somehow it makes me feel like she's still here with me. Its my way of coping with the loss. The worst part about losing a twin is, having to see them every time you look in the mirror. But I still live. I live for the two children in my stomach. I'm gonna be a mother. 

And I'm gonna parent the hell out of them.