the princess

—————————<3——————————

walking into the royal castle was a moment you'd never forget. the shiny walls and floors took your breath away as your brown boots hit the tiles. the royal carpet covered most of it and you could tell it was high quality. in fact, everything in the castle was high quality and your e/cs shined at the sight of it all.

in the centre of the room you were in, there were many other young hylians sitting on chairs that faced the front towards a large window. there was a middle-aged women, dressed in all white with some reds here and there. she looked important. she had short black hair and a pointy nose, paired with dull grey eyes.

the knights that escorted you three in told you to sit down on the chairs and wait patiently. you sat in the middle of judo and anya.

the woman coughed, getting everyone's attention.

"welcome, newcomers. i am fludia, head of the service department here in hyrule castle. please wait patiently while i call each and every one of your names to tell you your assignment in the castle. i do not want any noise, is that understood?"

everyone nodded and stayed quiet. fludia pulled out a piece of paper with names written all over it. she called up names of girls and boys and stated their place. some of them got kitchen duty, while others got room duty. you thought about where you were going to be placed.

"miss y/n, from hateno village."

your cheeks went a little pink and you stood up from your chair. you walked over to fludia and fixed your dress on the way. fludia eyed you and looked at you up and down with beady, grey eyes.

"you shall clean her highness, princess zelda's room. then, tend to the garden that is next to the knight's training ground. i'm sure you will find your way there."

you nodded and walked to one of the knights, guarding the room. he pointed to the right and told you to turn down the hall to princess zelda's room. you thanked him and walked away. you didn't have any equipment on you yet, you just wanted to see the room and see what needed to be cleaned and then get the necessary equipment.

you knocked on the door, and waited for a reply.

"come in!"

you opened the door slowly and gasped. princess zelda was in front of her dressing mirror, trying on her royal dress. she was fixing the long white sleeves when you came in.

"i-i'm sorry, your highness, i'm a new maid and was told to clean your room-"

-

"a new maid? where are you from?"

-

"hateno village, your highness."

-

"you can call me zelda, i think we're going to get close if you're going to clean my room often. i've been to hateno village a few times. it's lovely there!"

you smiled and she beckoned you to come in. princess zelda was more gorgeous in real life. her silky long blonde hair glimmered, her bright green eyes shined and her smile was beyond anything you've ever seen. she was really the image of a goddess.

"could you do my hair...uh..?"

-

"y/n."

-

"y/n, if you don't mind, could you fix my hair? it's a bit messy and i don't really know anything on how do these kind of things. i...never had the experience, you could say."

you nodded and grabbed zelda's brush that was on her drawer. you slowly started to comb the princess' hair and she smiled as she watched you through her mirror.

*✭˚·゚✧*·゚later*✭˚·゚✧*·゚*

zelda told you that there was no necessary cleaning for her room and you thanked her. she said you were always welcome to her room. you two chatted and bonded for a few hours and you started to feel comfortable around her.

you really liked zelda, she wasn't a snobby royal like you thought she'd be. she was the complete opposite and you imagined being best friends with her. you started to get all excited again and you walked down the royal hall with a bright smile on your face.

you bumped into fludia and gasped.

"my lady! i-i'm so sorry-"

-

"what are you doing?! get to work!"

-

"uh-yes, my lady."

you hurriedly left, practically fast walking down the stairs. you stopped and wondered about what to do.

oh yeah, the gardens!