fired?!

———————————<3———————————

every night you would be in your maid's bed, thinking about the upcoming ball. you've never been to one since hateno village was quite far and no one was ever invited in your village. you kept thinking about link and if he'd ever ask you to be his date but your mind would instantly disagree and make you feel anxious. 

maybe you shouldn't go after all. you don't even know how to dance! and you don't even have a formal dress to wear.

you thought about your outfit if you went and immediately thought of the beautiful gown you saw at the tailor's shop in castle town that one night with anya. that dress would be perfect but it did cost 7000 rupees and you definitely did not have that money. 

for the past few weeks you've been sending your pay to your family since you were a little poor and your parents could use the rupees to look after your younger siblings and what not. 

you started to feel drowsy, and eventually fell into a peaceful sleep.

*✭˚·゚✧*·゚later*✭˚·゚✧*·゚*

"WAKE UP!"

you and the other maids jumped out of bed instantly and some of them even rolled off their beds, their hair tangled and large dark circles underneath their tired eyes. anya looked at you and tried to stifle a laugh and you couldn't help but have the urge to laugh as well. fludia walked in and watched every one of you, her hawk-like eyes scanning over at every one of the maids there. she laid her eyes upon you and anya and stared for a while. you darted your eyes to the edge of the room and then at anya.

anya's cheeks were glowing bright red and you just couldn't hold it in anymore. you bursted into a fit of laughter and you held your stomach from the pain. your e/c pupils looked back at fludia and you immediately shut up. 

she did not look impressed. at all.

shit.

"y/n."

-

"y-yes, ma'am?"

-

"you're fired."

-

"what?!"

-

"follow me and pack your things."

all of the other maids looked at you with surprise and some of them looked at you with smirks on their faces. 

seems like some of the maids really didn't like you and you couldn't figure out why.

anya's eyes were full of regret and sympathy as she felt extremely bad that she just got you fired. your best friend helped you gather your things and gave you a tight hug while constantly apologising. you told her it was fine and that you'd visit her and judo whenever you could and smiled at her, reassuring her that you would be fine.

"Y/N! NOW!"

you jumped a bit from fludia's strong tone and hurriedly walked out of the maid's quarters. 

you walked past the other workers and walked out of the door.

"finally she's gone."

you froze and turned your head a bit to see who had made that remark and saw your "friend" celeste talking to the other maids and giggling at you. you felt a little hurt that she would say something like that but continued to follow fludia.