the king's decision

lol idk why but i really felt like writing a chapter where link is kinda playful for a bit ;) . enjoy!

———————————<3———————————

you woke up, feeling extra energetic today as you crawled out of bed and sat at your vanity. you yawned and smiled slightly as you remembered that the ball was tomorrow!

this meant that link had to ask you today.

you combed through your (h/l) hair and gently untangled any messy bits. your own (e/c) eyes stared back at you as you looked through the mirror and sighed. would link even ask you? he probably already had a date...

even though you two were pretty good friends now, he acted too friendly. 

maybe he only saw you two as friends?

you shook your head and comforted yourself, saying that you still had a chance! you looked behind you and your eyes glazed over the beautiful gown that laid peacefully on top of your desk. 

"i have to remember to thank zelda today."

*✭˚·゚✧*·゚later*✭˚·゚✧*·゚*

"good mornin', (y/n)."

-

"judo! good morning to you too!"

-

"sleep well?"

you nodded and beamed at your friend. you two continued to chat a little and you were enjoying your conversation with him. it's been a while since the two of you had a proper conversation.

"um, (y/n), i wanted to ask you something important..."

-

"what is it?"

-

"u-um, w-well, will y-you, um, g-g-g--"

a loud voice interrupted judo and he glared at the person as they walked in.

"oi! judo!"

you turned around and saw that same young knight, caleb, from the battlegrounds before. he had fiery maroon hair and bright green eyes. judo waved caleb over and he gave him a big cheeky smile. 

"hey! this is that cute girl i saw before. (y/n), right? i told you i'd be running into you more often."

caleb winked at you and bowed, holding his hand to his chest and smirking afterwards. he definitely was a knight alright. 

you giggled and looked up at him, your eyes glistening. caleb's cheeks turned a little pink as he looked at you and brought his hand to his mouth, covering it and shyly looking to the side. caleb's head was filled with one word: cute. you tilted your head to the side but continued talking to judo as your eyes slowly went back to him. judo eyed caleb and silently growled, giving a dark stare at caleb. 

caleb responded quickly and, too, gave off a stare and growled back. you watched the two boys and got confused. 

what the heck was happening?

"(y/n), this is caleb, he's a knight and one of my friends."

-

"not just any knight! i'm part of the royal guard! you saw me battling master link before didn't you? only a few of us can go up against him."

you smiled at caleb's pride and spoke to him.

"you must be very brave then, to challenge link."