a ball?

hi! sorry for not updating, i've been reaallly busy but i'm trying my best to write future chapters everyday!

———————————<3———————————

a few days went by, and those days turned into weeks. hyrule was currently in its warmer and sunnier season as time passed.

and in those weeks, you and the appointed knight got closer and closer. every time link needed someone to confide in, he'd always come to you.

one time, you were in the maid's quarters and you were chatting with some of the teenaged and young adult hylian maids when link walked in. of course, all of the maids swooned as he stepped into the room and some of them sighed out loud, twirling their hair in their fingers. you turned around, wondering what everyone was looking at when you felt a rush of heat all over your body and onto your cheeks.

link was currently dressed in his royal knight's armour and he had walked up to you. link smiled a little, making the maids behind you swoon even more. his pearly white teeth showed through his light pink lips as his eyes creased in sync.

"do you have time to talk?"

you nodded, and turned around to your friends.

"uh...i'll see you guys later?"

the maids were left with their mouths wide open, their jaws basically hitting the ground as they watched you and the greatest swordsman in all of hyrule walk away together. how were you friends with him? let alone on speaking terms.

moments like that frequently happened over the weeks, and soon, you and link would just end up chatting about everything that came to your minds. link eventually stopped coming to you for advice, and came to you for a friendly conversation. this made you beyond happy as you slowly realised that you and link were getting closer and eventually becoming good friends. sure, the knight would sometimes say a few words here and there, but you knew that he meant what he said. sometimes silence can speak louder than words.

you were currently walking to the maid's quarters with anya when something she said made your pointy ears perk up.

"wait, what did you say, anya?"

-

"i said that there's a ball coming up! you never listen. anyway, i heard fludia and the staff talk about it. apparently, the king is planning a ball so that the villagers and basically all of hyrule don't freak out about the calamity. he wants everyone to enjoy themselves in case...in case..."

-

"in case...the champions fail."

-

"...exactly."

you frowned at the thought of calamity ganon. you couldn't bear to see link on the ground, dying and with blood spilled all over him. his signature blue tunic stained with red, making it turn an uneasy dark purple and brown colour. you felt yourself grow anxious just by thinking about it. you then tried to ignore your thoughts and you decided to ask anya a question.

"who are you going with?"

-

"say again?"

-

"i mean, are maids allowed to go? besides, we should be allowed to anyway so we enjoy ourselves since we're the ones who's going to clean it all up anyway."

-

"yeah, i suppose maids and butlers and the whole castle staff are allowed...ooh! now i'm getting excited!"

the hylian next to you squealed out of sheer excitement and you laughed at anya's behaviour. you considered anya your best friend, since she's been there for you ever since you two started working at the castle. you two have hung out everyday since. you also considered princess zelda to be one of your best friends, sure, she acted horribly to link but you were going to help the hopeless knight make amends with the princess sooner or later.

"honestly, i don't know, y/n. there are soooo many cuties around here, i wouldn't know which one to choose!"

anya stared at some knights that walked by, her head and eyes following their every movement. you bursted out laughing and wiped a few tears away. anya looked at you and smirked, her eyebrows raised and she nudged you in the arm.

"what about you, huuuh? who are you going to go with?"

-

"uhh, i don't know...maybe we can go toge--"
-

"don't try to fool me, y/n! you wanna go with linnnnk!"

anya teased and poked you in the ribs, her smirk getting larger and larger. you blushed immensely and you tried covering your cheeks with your hands. you shushed anya and continued walking down the hall.

link.

you started to imagine link in either his royal knight's armour or some kind of tuxedo. you felt yourself get all bubbly thinking about how he would ask you to be his date and how you two would slow dance the night away.

but it was most likely not meant to be.

it's expected that the princess and her appointed knight would go together. you grew a little blue thinking about them together, her hand in his and his arm around her waist. you tried to convince yourself that it probably won't happen because zelda doesn't really like link and might end up going with the other champions.

at least you knew one thing, zelda doesn't like link at all which meant it was easier for you to get closer to him.

or did she?