the guardians of hyrule

i just realised that the cute heart thing i was putting at the start of each chapter is kinda messed up :// sorry if it looks weird i can't fix it omg

———————————<3———————————

everything was set, at any moment now, the four champions would walk in. you were standing on the side with anya and judo. fludia kindly asked you if you could be a waitress for the ceremony, the other maids were busy with other chores. you accepted and, well, here you are.

the large sanctum was covered in red, the carpet and the large flags above you held the royal hyrulean sign. in the centre, there was a giant stone triforce that was carved into the floor. the king of hyrule was standing patiently on the next level of the room. his stern eyes scanning the area. two royal guards stood by his side, holding royal halberds.

you held a metal plate in front of you, there was a white headband on top of your h/c hair and you wore a neat black dress with a white apron over it. your hair was combed neatly (done by anya of course) and you wore a smile on your face. anya would occasionally make fun of an important hylian's outfit every now and then and would whisper it to you, making you laugh. sometimes fludia caught you two and she glared at the both of you. you immediately shut up, but anya chuckled and tried to hold her laughter back. judo spoke to you.

"look, here come the champions."

you watched as the large doors opened, and walked in the soon-to-be-champions into the royal sanctum. first came revali with a rito behind him holding a large flag with revali's sign on it. next came urbosa, she had the same kind of idea and stood right next to revali, her green eyes glanced at the bird. then, princess mipha walked in, her steps being ever so graceful and she stood on the right, leaving a gap in the middle of the room. lastly, the mighty daruk strolled in, a big grin on his face. he stood right next to mipha on her right and waited.

you looked at the champions confusingly. you leaned over to judo.

"hey, judo? why is there a gap in the middle? is there another champion?"

-

"uh-well, y/n-"

anya's voice cut judo off.

"look!"

suddenly, princess zelda walked in, her face still and calm but she smiled slightly when she saw you wave at her. you watched her walk, but then your eyes caught something.

link?!

blondie, or link, was walking right behind her, master sword on his back. you didn't know much, but you knew about the legend of the legendary master sword and the ancient hero who wielded it 1000 years ago.

no way...

zelda walked past the champions, so that she stood directly in the middle and faced her father. link stopped and stood in between urbosa and mipha. you shout-whispered to anya.

"anya! you didn't tell me that blon--i mean link was a champion! and that he's the supposed hero of hyrule!"

-

"i thought you knew! everyone knows!"

-

"i didn't!"

everyone started to quiet down and you did too. the king was about to speak. you tried to pay attention to his speech, but you couldn't help but stare at the blondie. you sighed. but to your surprise, link's eyes glanced over at you and widened for a moment. but the booming voice of the king caught his attention again and you frowned.

after some more congratulating and talking, king rhoam ended his mighty speech.

"lead our champions, princess. and together, protect out kingdom from the threat of calamity ganon!"

the crowd cheered, and you placed the plate in between your arm and side so you could clap. you smiled and judo whistled. everyone was clapping and cheering on the 5 champions and the princess. you could hear fireworks set off outside and you looked towards the large windows.

blondie looked over at you.

he watched your e/c eyes, sparkling with fascination and glee. he smiled to himself and watched you some more, as you laughed with your friends.