frenemies

———————————<3———————————

"is that y/n?"

"i thought she was fired...?"

"that's what i heard, but i saw master link carrying her bags upstairs."

as you walked through the many rooms in the castle, you heard other maids whisper to one another about you. you grew a little embarrassed and insecure from all of the comments they were making about you but kept walking with your head high.

the services of the royal castle were currently on morning break, where they all usually hung out outside on the courtyard near the princess's room. there was a large field with some benches here and there and the ground was decorated with tiny hylian flowers. 

you walked through said fields, your new royal maid's dress shimmering every time you took a step. the butlers all gawked at you and their eyes scanned you up and down, taking in your figure. the dress was a little tight and definitely accentuated your figure flawlessly, similar to princess zelda's royal dress.

you snuck in a few looks to see the maid's reactions (considering the butler's reactions) and shyly walked by with haste towards zelda's room.

"no way."

your ears picked up on celeste's voice. her sweet but fake voice.

your e/c eyes glanced at her for a second and you saw her pull a disgusted and disapproved face, her true colours showing. celeste walked towards you, her two minions following her with the same faces.

you tried to walk past when she called out to you. you cursed to yourself.

oh goddesses, anya where are you?! i need you!

"y/n! how wonderful it is to see you...not fired!"

-

"yeah, you too, celeste."

-

"i don't think you're allowed to go through princess zelda's wardrobe. i should call the knights."

-

"actually, this is mine."

-

"don't take me as a fool, why on earth would you, out of all people, be wearing the royal colours? surely you haven't earned their respect? if you have, my, there must be something terribly wrong with the royal family."

-

"you take that back, celeste."

you heard butlers in the back whistle at the current argument you were having with celeste and you rolled your e/c eyes. 

"listen, i don't have time for this. i don't get why you're acting like a child."

celeste scoffed and was about to answer you when her friends behind her whispered loudly in her ear and squealed. celeste instantly relaxed and batted her eyes as she gazed pass you and towards the entrance to the courtyard. she twirled her hair around her finger and put on a smile.

you turned your head around and saw none other but link walk in, his hair shining in the sun and his skin sparkling. his eyes were narrow, but gave off a mysterious and soldier-like aura. you noticed all of the female (and some male butlers too) sigh as if they were in a trance when they saw the young knight walk in. 

link was wearing his champion's tunic and had a group of knights following behind him.

new recruits.