an unexpected encounter

———————————<3———————————

those words from the knight's mouth replayed in your mind. it was a few days after, but that single sentence haunted you. 

""i think you should definitely wear that dress more often."

the heat rushed onto your cheeks again as you thought about the handsome young knight. somehow, you've fallen (extremely hard) for link in the span of a few weeks. you played with your food with a spoon as you sat down at a wooden bench with your two friends, anya and judo. your e/c eyes glanced around the room, catching unwanted and jealous eyes. you grew embarrassed and shamefully looked down.

"y/n? something wrong?"

you shook your head and put on a big smile to judo.

"no, i'm fine."

judo eyed you suspiciously but shrugged it off. anya stared at you as you continued to play with your food and she coughed.

"SO, y/n. how's ...you know."

anya winked at you.

your eyes widened and judo raised an eyebrow at anya's strange behaviour.

"how's work? oh, it's wonderful. i get to spend a lot of time with princess zelda."

anya looked at you confusingly and you stared hard at her and quickly glanced back at judo. you felt relieved when you saw her reaction and knew that she understood what you were doing. 

"oh! that's so cool! what's she like?"

-

"she's very kind. she get's excited easily, it's cute."

you chuckled as a memory of zelda popped into your head. zelda was making you try on all of her royal dresses and she would squeal every time you would twirl in them. you smiled at the memory.

"do you spend time with master link?"

both you and anya stared at judo and his sudden question. anya's eyes quickly looked into yours and you raised an eyebrow.

"um, i suppose i do. he's quiet, he doesn't really talk to anyone."

but he does talk to me.

"that's...cool."

judo looked down at his food and continued to eat as you stayed silent. 

*✭˚·゚✧*·゚later*✭˚·゚✧*·゚* 

it was just past 10:30 p.m. and you were currently lying awake in your new bedroom. you've been in here for a few days, yet, you still couldn't get used to it. the sheets were a lot softer than the ones in the maid's quarters and the pillows smelt like lavenders. you smiled to yourself as you looked around the room and your e/c eyes laid upon your wardrobe where a certain dress caught your eye. 

you blushed.

"whatever."

you rolled around and faced the wall and tried to get to sleep. 

knock knock.

you heard a knock, but chose to ignore it. 

knock.

you groaned and sat up. you looked towards your door and gently opened it. there was no one there. you raised an eyebrow and came to a conclusion that celeste had done a prank on you. 

you started to walk back to bed when you heard another knock. your head whipped towards the bedroom door and you instantly opened it.

nothing.

you shrugged and looked out onto the balcony and you eyes widened.

link was there. standing on your balcony, knocking on the glass doors. your face glowed as you realised you were in a lace gown and link only had his blue t-shirt tunic on with some loose pants. 

you slowly walked over to your bedroom and stared into link's bright blue eyes. it looked like they were glowing in the dark, the electric blue colour in his iris contrasting beautifully against the night sky.

you carefully opened the doors. your hands were shaking.

"link?"

-

"..."

-

"are you...alright?"

-

"can i come in?"

you nodded and let him inside. link walked over to your bed and sat on it. his head in his hands. you noticed that his blonde hair was messy and there were strings of blonde hair falling out of his ponytail. you also noticed dark circles around his eyes. 

"link, what happened?"

the young champion said nothing. you slowly walked over to him and sat beside him. link whispered to you ever so softly.

"i can't do this anymore."