the heart of the hero

——————————<3——————————

your eyes stared deeply onto link's crumbled form and frowned as your orbs gently scanned over the young champion.

he looks so tired...those bags are so dark and his posture isn't how it used to be...

"link?"

the blonde slowly breathed in and looked up at you, his blue eyes piercing into your e/c ones. you carefully placed your hand on his shoulder and scrunched your eyebrows slightly.

"this is about the pressure, isn't it? about...the calamity?"

link's eyes widened for a second, then looked down to his feet with his thick hair covering his face whilst putting his head back into his clammy hands. he nodded. you started to slowly rub his shoulder as an act of comfort.

"you can vent to me...i'll listen to you."

link's pointy ears perked up slightly and he opened his mouth a little.

"it's... too much... every time i go out with the princess to the other areas of hyrule, everyone looks at us... at me. their eyes say it all, they're scared. they look at me for reassurance, since they all want want me to defeat the calamity. but what if i can't? what if something goes wrong and it's all my fault? i'll let everyone down..."

link waited for you to say something, but his words struck you and you couldn't find any words to respond with. his words were emotional, something the great hylian champion, link, would never show. you felt your heart drop at his current state and how awful he must be feeling at this time. 

"forget it, no one gets it..."

link started to stand, his eyes never leaving the ground as he stood slowly walked over back to the balcony. you quickly got onto your feet and rushed after him, stopping him from climbing over the balcony to leave. 

your hand grabbed his shirt and you brought your other arm around him, wrapping him in a tight embrace and you buried your face into his back.

link stood still, the warmth from his body gradually making you warmer. you breathed in and spoke quietly but loud enough for the knight to hear.

"link...i know how you feel. i understand the pressure that's brought upon you and i feel guilty about it. i'm one of those many people who rely on you to defeat the calamity... but not because i'm scared... it's because i believe in you, link."

link's blue eyes widened at your statement and he felt himself hesitate a bit.

"even if we're doomed, you mustn't think it's your fault. you tried, you tried to save the land you love and everyone in it and that's all that matters. so, please, link, don't give up yet. everyone needs you..."

he looked over his shoulder and down at you. you looked up at him and whispered.

"i need you."

the knight gently grabbed your arms and turned around so he was facing you. you stared at him and noticed how beautiful he looked at this moment. the bright moon was shining behind him, giving him a calming and soft aura and the slight wind passing making his blonde hair flow with it. his electric eyes stared straight into yours as he slowly pulled you close.

your cheeks turned pink as you were getting closer to him, your e/c eyes widening at his silent actions. link pulled you into a hug where he put his head on top of yours and held you tightly in his strong arms. you hesitantly wrapped your arms around his fit body as you felt a cold wind rush past the both of you.