hyrule's royal ball

yes i am alive and i sincerely apologise for not updating in so long!! tbh i was super busy cos i was in the middle of moving houses and then christmas came along blah blah... and i didn't get to write christmas chapters for my books :(

anyway, i'm here now and i hope u all enjoy this chapter!! happy new year!! this one's a bit long btw and i hope i didn't make any mistakes whoops.

———————————<3———————————

the rest of the day consisted of you sweeping the floors until they were crystal clear and setting up tables for the upcoming ball. as you were cleaning one of the tables, your e/c eyes led to the balcony just outside on your right and you imagined how beautiful the view must look in the night. 

"miss (y/n)! stop daydreaming and get back to work!"

you jumped from fludia's loud screeching voice and got back to work. you wiped your forehead and kept your eye on the chores in front of you so that you could focus on something other than link. 

*✭˚·゚✧*·゚later*✭˚·゚✧*·゚*

"(y/n)! (y/n)!"

you turned around and was face to face with anya. she looked to her right then to her left and whispered to you.

"did link ask you to go to the ball with him yet?"

you shook your head. to your dismay, link still didn't ask you and you felt a bit upset about it. you thought that maybe he would ask you to be his date since he really only communicated with you, even on a personal level. and those warm moments you occasionally had with him too must've meant something right?

anya frowned too and tried to cheer you up.

"w-well, let's go together. i was going to go with a knight, Rhodes, but i'd rather stay with you."

you smiled sweetly at anya but felt bad since you knew that she really wanted to go with the knight and you politely declined her.

"no, it's alright. you should go have fun, don't worry about me, anya."

-

"(y/n)...well, if that's what you want...hey! why don't you go with judo? i don't think he's going with anyone."

-

"yeah, maybe i'll ask him if he hasn't got a partner."

-

"that's the spirit! there's only two more hours left until the ball officially starts, we need to get ready! come on!"

anya grabbed your wrist and dragged you to the maid's quarters and you smiled at your friend. you were so grateful to have a supportive friend like anya, you wouldn't know what to do without her. she opened the doors to her shared room and made you sit on your old bed, memories began to fill your mind as you looked around the tiny room. your current room was a lot bigger than anya's plus, you had an ensuite bathroom too. 

"which dress should i wear?"

your eyes directed themselves back to your friend, she was holding two dresses in her hands. one was dark blue, it was long and tight fitting, and had delicate white gems over the top and bottom. the top/neckline was heart shaped, and would show off her fair skin nicely. 

the other dress was more like a gown, the bottom had two layers and consisted of dark red and dark magenta. the sleeves cuffed around her shoulders and it would shape her waist wonderfully. 

"hmm..."

anya waited for your decision with a glint in her eyes.

"i think, the dark blue one. blue's the colour of the royal family right? with this one, your date, who's a knight, would be highly impressed. i'll do your hair if you want?"