the memorable dance

YA'LL.

THIS.

CHAPTER.

thats all imma say. ;)

——————————<3———————————

your heart dropped.

your mind was buzzing and you grew stiff.

you saw zelda reach her hand out to link with a soft smile and a small pink hue on her cheeks as they touched hands. suddenly, the crowd started to form a large circle in the centre of the ballroom, making way for the princess and her knight. 

you slowly started stepping backwards, along with the crowd, with an emotionless look on your face. everyone was quiet, waiting for the music to begin.

link and zelda walked through the path the crowd made and stepped into the middle of the room. link spun zelda around gently, still holding her palm with a still look on his face. zelda looked up at him and smiled softly. you looked at her confusingly.

why would she look at him like that? wait...

a soft violin started playing as link bowed to the princess. in return, she also bowed gracefully and placed her hand on his shoulder and palm. he placed his hand on her waist and held her palm in his. 

a sharp pain went through your body as you watched the way they touched.

slowly, link and zelda began to move in sync, never missing a beat. they danced across the ballroom elegantly, fitting each other perfectly. more instruments began to join in the song as the two hylians danced away, hand in hand. zelda kept her eyes on her knight as he did with her.

you felt a bad feeling in your stomach grow as you noticed the way they were looking at each other.

"(y/n)? are you alright?"

you looked at judo and saw his worried face. you nodded and whispered a small 'i'm okay' and continued watching the scene in front of you. judo nodded to himself slowly, his eyes still on you just to make sure you really were alright. you felt yourself frown.

your eyes widened at what happened next, two hylians danced delicately across the marbled floor and link softly smiled at zelda.

a smile that only you saw and knew. no one else. 

your heart started to pound in your chest, the sound quickly making it's way to your ears and blocking out every other noise. 

as link twirled zelda around, he looked over at the crowd and made eye contact with you. his face instantly fell when he saw a tear fall from your eyes. link hesitantly stopped his movements for a bit and watched you. 

you touched your cheek and felt the wetness from your tears and instantly turned away, quickly walking off in the other direction so that no one would really notice you leaving.

"(y/n)! where are you going?"

you turned to look back at judo and spoke to him. 

"i need to get out of here."

and just like that, you quickly walked away, skipping and fast walking a bit to make sure that no one saw you crying. link stopped moving altogether, letting go of zelda and staring at the place you were standing just now. 

"link? what's wrong?"

link looked over at zelda and said a single 'sorry' and ran after you. leaving zelda by herself on the dance floor with a dejected face. the crowd started to murmur and the music stopped.