zelda's confession

———————————<3———————————

for the whole day, princess zelda made you stay in her room and try on her many, many dresses and ball gowns. she smiled brightly at you as she brought another one out of her wardrobe.

"i got a lot of dresses made even though we don't have a lot of events like this but, i'm not really complaining. i love them! they're beautifully made."

zelda giggled and placed one over herself and looked in her standing mirror that was sat nicely next to her royal bed. the dress she held in her hands was the royal blue colour, but with nice accessories of white and gold in there too. it was covered in tiny white gems and it came with a nice long pair of white gloves that stopped at her elbow. your (e/c) eyes glimmered at zelda.

"try it on, zelda! i think this is the one for you!"

zelda nodded and went behind one of her wall screens. she started to change and she grunted every now and then from trying to get the dress on. you giggled and walked over.

"excuse me, princess, but would you like my help? i am your maid after all."

-

"u-um, yes please. thank you, (y/n)."

-

"allow me, zelda."

zelda revealed herself and you giggled at her messy state. you went behind her and grabbed the white corset and wrapped it around her small waist and tightened it. 

"ow!"

you apologised quickly and released it a bit. zelda laughed and told you to tie it there. you quickly tied it into a neat bow and helped her put on her gown. 

"(y/n), go over there and close your eyes! i want it to be a surprise!"

you obliged and walked over back to her bed. you closed your eyes and waited for zelda's entrance.

"ta-da!"

you opened your eyes and beamed. the gown looked absolutely gorgeous on her! her figure fitting it perfectly and the colour suiting her nicely. you clapped and chuckled at the princess. 

"it's perfect, zelda! definitely wear this one! you're going to be the attention of the ball for sure. you are the princess after all!"

zelda giggled and twirled around, her cheeks getting a little flushed. the princess slowed down and looked at herself in the mirror with an embarrassed face.

"something wrong, zelda?"

-

"n-no, it's just that...i'm nervous..."

-

"about what?"

-

"about...his reaction."

you raised an eyebrow at her and quickly stood up. you were getting excited. you and zelda were good friends but she never brought anything like this up.

"huh?! wait, you're telling me, you have your eyes on someone?!"

zelda sheepishly nodded and looked away, embarrassed. her white doll-like cheeks were now turning very pink and she pouted. you thought she looked adorable in this moment. 

"tell me! who is it?"

zelda was about to answer you when there was a knock at her door. she looked at you apologetically and called out.

"come in!"

in walked a royal guard, who stood very still and stared at you and zelda.

"your highness, the king has asked me to inform you that you must go to rito village with your personal knight immediately. i have already informed him and he will meet you at the front of the castle."

the royal guard left and you stared back at zelda with sadness. the princess looked down, hiding her bright green eyes with her hair and she slowly started to undress.

"zelda...?"

zelda went back to the wall screen and changed back into her blue tunic and brown leggings with her brown boots. she gathered her notebook and small pouches and tied them around her waist. 

"i'm sorry, (y/n). i didn't know i was meant to be going out today..."

you shook your head, understanding her situation and you grabbed both of her hands and held them in yours. you squeezed them and reassured her.

"it's not a problem, zelda. i'm always here and besides, at least you found your dress."

-

"that's true...but what about you? none of mine really suit you..."

-

"it's alright! i-i'm not sure if i'll go, but i'll figure something out."

zelda smiled at you and brought you into a hug. she thanked you and quickly left, leaving all of her dresses on the bed. you sighed and chuckled. you started to pick them up and put them back into her many wardrobes.

*✭˚·゚✧*·゚later*✭˚·゚✧*·゚*

you stumbled into your new room and fell onto your soft bed from being drained from today's work. after you cleaned zelda's room, fludia instructed you to help set up for the ball and tend to the gardens. you then had to help the other maids do their chores and it all tired you out. 

you stayed in that position for a while before groaning and realising you couldn't just sleep in your royal maid's outfit. as you got changed into your night gown, you thought about what zelda was going to say before.

'i wonder who the guy is...zelda isn't really around with anyone..."

you decided to clear your mind and you walked out onto your balcony. memories of link flashed into your mind as you held the railing and you blushed. your feelings had gotten deeper from that moment and you started to feel your body shiver. you slapped your cheeks a bit and pouted. 

you walked over back to your bed when you saw something shimmer on your desk. you tilted your head to the side and walked over. 

'what?'

there, on your desk, was THE dress that you saw with anya all those weeks ago. from memory, you remembered that this dress was awfully expensive. somewhere around 7,000 rupees. your (e/c) eyes widened when you saw it and you held it up. it was even more beautiful when it was right in front of you and you started to get all giddy about it. you put it on your bed and noticed a note that was under the gown. you read it out loud quietly to yourself.

"dear (y/n), please take this dress as i think it would suit you perfectly. don't worry about the price, i hope you wear this to the ball. i know you'll look beautiful in it."

you noticed that there was no name written but thinking about earlier today, you believed that this dress was from zelda since you both had this conversation about gowns and it was very neat handwriting. you thanked zelda out loud and yawned. you definitely have to thank her in person tomorrow. you picked it up again and placed it back on your desk along with the note.

you crashed onto your bed and slithered into your warm blanket. you slowly doze off and thought of the ball. it was in two days and you felt nervous. you wanted to go with link, but so far he hasn't said anything. how would he react? would others stare and make fun of you? would he feel any pressure since he's hyrule's supposed to-be-hero? ...would he go with celeste? you shook your head and tried not to think about it too much. 

besides, you could always go with anya and judo. you smiled as you thought about your friends and you went to sleep.