Part 25

Chapter 25

" It seems like you can read souls just by looking at them." Kai chucked making Arvi roll her eyes " listen, I know he is in love with me but, I don't feel the same way about him, and I won't ever feel that way about him, he was my only friend in the asylum okay, I don't really want to hurt him and neither I am willing to lose him but it will happen if I say all this to him directly, I know it's hurting him bad but it's still better than the worse right ?" Kai said calmly to which Arvi nodded just when she realized something " oh for god's sake just leave my hand." she said as she pulled her hand away from his with a jerk.

"does it hurt? " Arvi said as she almost took his already reddened hands in hers but pulled away realizing it may hurt him more she took out her handkerchief and dipped it in the glass of water " are you a fool ?" she frowned at him as she placed the soaked handkerchief over his palms. "Obviously not." he smirked " then who told you to hold me for this long, don't you know what it will do? why do you have to be a stubborn kid always ?" she went on and on " okay, I am fine." Kai said, finally stopping her grabbing the handkerchief away from her.

" don't you dare to touch me ever again." she said pointing her index finger at him when he chuckled and held her wrist again " what in the..." She fumed " you are cool now." he said as made her touch his forehead and then hers.

" you are using me." Arvi said out of the blue as they came back into their room " what ?" Kai asked, confused. " in front of Tala, you are using me so that he can just forget about you, that's your plan. isn't it, you DEVIL ????" Arvi yelled, losing her patience "oh you realized, that's even better you can help me now." Kai said as he laid back on his bed " why in the hell, I would help you ?" she said folding her arms. " because it's the right thing to do, and anyways it was YOU who gave me the idea." The phoenix smirked at her " me ?? I would never ever give this kind of idea to anyone. Don't you dare blame your dirty tricks on me." Arvi jumped on his bed.

" give people some irrelevant stuff so they get busy in it and don't try digging deeper in you, aren't these your words ?" Kai said as he came dangerously close to her. " you know I didn't mean it like that you sly fox." She said, narrowing her gaze, just when they heard the glass shatter.

"oops my bad, wrong timing... you guys continue, I will just lock the door for you." Ray said as he grinned at them stupidly to which the duo looked confused, it took them time to realize how close and how much awkward position they were in. " what the.." they said in unison as they jumped away from the bed.

" Just help me this time, I will pay you back I swear." Kai said breaking the awkward silence finally. " Plus you don't even have to do anything, it will be all me, just play along, you know what I am doing is the only option to let Tala know about..." he started again " about your sexuality." Arvi said jokingly " well yeah..." Kai shrugged " so? help me ?" he raised his brows to which Arvi looked away.

" Okay that's cool, You just gave me a scar on my hand and you never even apologized for it like ever and now I just ask you for a favor and you do this wow!!" He said as he took off his wrist bands which showed her burned marks clearly, he knew this would work it has too.

" I am really sorry, I .." Arvi started just to be cut off. " I don't need your sorry, I need your help right now," Kai said, glaring at her, " Fine, say the golden word and I will." she said annoyed getting exactly how his mind was working right now " PLEASE !" Kai said, gritting his teeth.

"Okay." she said as she patted his shoulder and went out of the room. " She is driving me crazy."Kai said to himself as he laid his head back on the door thinking about his recent behavior as he caressed his scar lovingly.