Chapter 3

Veer walked in with a stoic face, but the lines on his forehead were clearly indicating that he was worried. When he came in and our eyes met, his lips twitched into a small apologetic smile. There he smiles again, looking cute with those dimples and making my resentment against him to start melting. Veer then cleared his throat before starting to talk.

"Hi." He said, looking around.

I hummed in response, not even wanting to give him a smile. Again, he pulled out the same chair and settled on it.

"Um..I don't know how to start...I mean I'm sorry about...you know whatever happened." He stammered, rubbing the back of his neck. I got it, apologizing wasn't something he was well versed with. Since, he looked like he was sincerely admitting his fault, I thought, I should be sincere too.

"Its okay, I'm sorry too. I just was very much disturbed and desperate to know about myself."

I ended up chuckling on my choice of words. He nodded saying that he understood. He said that at that moment he was very much in stress about the deal. He told me that he was a businessman, handling their family business.

"Guess what I found out, we both have anger issues." I chirped which made him laugh.

"I also found out this on our first meet" He exclaimed absent-mindedly.

Our first meet? Because of our sometime back snappiness, I even forgot that he was my fiancé, or so he said. This means, I could ask him about our relationship and try to know myself in that way. Still, how could I believe that he wasn't fooling me. If so, the why was he doing that with me would be an another question. The list of my questions seemed to no end.

"How was our first meet?" I put my next question in front of him.

"You really can't stop questioning, can you Aadhya?" He asked with a knowing smile playing on his lips.

"I don't think so..I mean I..I'm so sorry...I just.." I didn't know what to say, but I know I wasn't doing anything wrong by asking him questions.

"Hey hey its okay. I was just pulling your leg. I'll tell you. Our first meet, I believe was one of the best thing happened to me." Veer said being zoned out as if he was more into thinking about our first meet. Now, I felt that the admiring smile he had on his face should be permanently there.

"Miss D.A, we first time...." He started but was stopped by me.

Him calling me D.A stupified me. This was what someone called me in my dream. I looked at him with wide eyes, for a moment thinking if he was one of those people standing in that room from my dream. When my heart refused to believe it, I internally sighed. My heart was really siding with him all time.

When I asked him why Veer called me D.A, he said that it was me who asked him to call me with this name when we met for the second time. He said that I even asked never ever to call me 'Aadhya' in public. So, now and then, he used to call me D.A.

The new piece took me aback. It wasn't something I expected. But then, I didn't even had an idea of what to expect. Veer got a call and he excused himself. After few mins, he returned with his smile disappeared.

"Sorry D.A, but I'll have to leave now. I promise to tell you how we met later when I'll be back. Keep your next questions ready." He asserted.

His last line made me chuckle, and I jokingly warned him to be ready with answers other wise I will not let him stay in peace. Veer said nothing, but made his way to the door.

"And Mr.Mehrotra, can you just not call me D.A? Aadhya is fine." I told him.

That word D.A made me feel uncomfortable. I felt like that title was something against which, I had carried deep seated dislike. But, the Aadhya I saw in my second dream seemed to like it. Even her appearance made it clear how much control she like to keep on things and situations.