Chapter 38

Here's the last second chapter

*_*

3 weeks later
16th December, evening 5pm

"Hurry up, everyone. Event's gotta start in an hour." Ruhi ordered standing on the ramp, supervising the decorations of the event hall. People say, the more the merrier. But for us, the more people engage in a task, the more chaos erupt. So there was no point in leaving everything on their shoulders.

Most of the arrangements were done yesterday itself. Still, we were going through everything again since we weren't interested in taking any risks.

"Bhaiya, tie the chandelier bit more up." She instructed, jumping down the stage. I was sitting at the center of the hall filled with tables and chairs around them.

The models had already started working with their hair and makeup in the green room behind the stage. There were seventeen models in all, each one representing a fabric. Most of them were degree college students, inexperienced but hard working and dedicated, just like me maybe. I selected each of them personally, after having a good conversation with them. They had that potential and were wanting to chase their dreams, just like me.

"Ruhi, tell the chef to start preparing for the starters." I yelled when I saw her heading out of the hall, as I finished working on the pink bow on a blouse. Stopping a helper passing by, I asked her to send the dress to the green room.

Now, all I had to do was to go through all the dresses, to avoid the chances of wardrobe malfunction, because there was no way I could let any of those young girls humiliated in public or suffer in any other way.

Ruhi stopped and turned around, glaring me with her hands on her hips. "You," she pointed her finger at me. "First go up. If Veer finds you here, in this ugly and sweaty avatar of yours, he's gonna blame me for making you overwork."

I laughed at her warning. There was no way I was leaving this place without being satisfied that everything's okay.

"Don't worry, I'll shield you from his anger. And I'll leave after going through the booths." I said, making her eyes go wide.

She rushed to me and placed her hand on my forehead, checking if I'm alright. I rolled my eyes at her dramatic expression. Pushing her hand way, I got up.

There were all together seventh booths, surrounding the center of the hall. They were completely done under my observation. Ten dresses of each fabric were displayed in each of the booth. The sector head if that fabric and one of the tailor were to be present at each booth, to assist the guests.

Each of the booths were uniquely decorated using its own fabric. My favourite were the flowers make up of velvet and lace and a frame of scenery made up of chiffon. They were just unimaginably beautiful.

"Where is he by the way?" Ruhi inquired, following me as I headed towards the first booth.

"Airport. To see off Dadi and my Di and Jiju. They are going early to check if all the preps are done."

"Why you didn't hire a wedding planner?"

"My sister didn't trust the one we were to hire, she wanted to do all everything by herself and no one of us could stop her." I said, and giggled recalling the way my sister used to run from one end to other yelling at the decorators and us before the functions. It was quite a fun to watch her.

Dadi had returned just a week ago, and was already my favorite. Even though she and Veer seem to be hesitant to give each other some company, I can say that the plan of Kabir to bring them close worked and most importantly it made Veer very happy. Dadi finally forgave him, only because according to her he found a very good wife, who'd always compete with him.