Chapter 7

Chewing my nails had became a very bad habit of mine whenever I'm confused for these two days. What I heard back there, was disturbing me. Wandering around in the verandah of children home, my heart was bringing up all the possibilities of defending Veer and his actions. My mind kept giving me warning signals, but my heart wasn't ready to pay any heed to it.

I couldn't understand what he was trying to do but then, how come I'd trust him easily and let him play with my memories. After seeing those dreams, I knew that I'd forgotten things that might have been very important for me to know. And even if they weren't that important, still, I had the rights to know what they were. Only in that way, I'd understand who I was.

Not seeing where I was heading to, I suddenly collided into a strong chest and lost my balance and as a reaction, I instantly closed my eyes

Ready to hit the ground! My Subconscious mind screamed.

But then, swiftly two arms sneaked around my waist holding me. I should have known that this was going to happen. But it wasn't Veer, the touch wasn't his.

You are so aware of his touch, my unconscious mind taunted.

I opened my one eye to see a man showing me all of his thirty two pearly white teeth. When I tried to wriggle out of his grip, but he didn't let me, instead he started chatting with me in that same position. Looking into his eyes, I could say that he knew me for a long time.

"Long time no see, pretty lady!" He said and I blinked my eyes in response with a bemused face.

"And see what's happening, you are in my arms instead of your sister."

"What?" This was all I could say, staying in his arms.

"Well, having you here also not that bad." He winked

Whatever he was saying, I couldn't register I word inside my mind. How could I? When there were two more people standing in front, one a bit surprised and another silently burning in jealousy.

"Siddharth!" Maya called him out.

Oh, so his name was Siddharth. Who was he to her?

The mischievous smile suddenly turned into an adorable one, as he saw Maya standing few steps away. After making me stand properly, he again flashed his toothy grin again and walked towards Maya.

Suddenly, I felt Veer standing besides me, sliding his arms around my waist. It took me a single glimpse of his face, and I could say how much he disliked me being in Siddharth's arms. No matter how much I felt giddy and somewhat happy seeing his like this and being held in his protective arms, I stepped way. I kept repeating to myself that he was a liar, I needed to gear up my guard against him.

He raised his eyebrows in confusion, but I just smile at him.

Your heart doesn't seems to accept that he isn't someone not honest to you, my subconscious mind informed me

But he is being dishonest, and I know that.

"Veer, for how many days I was in coma?" I asked him.

"Two days." He instantly replied, but I didn't knew if he was saying the truth, or lying to me, which seemed to become a habit of him for these two days.

Maya and Siddharth went inside together, hand in hand. He whispered something in her ears, making her blush. Was he her boyfriend? Husband? I tried to think hard and recall something, the one thing he said caught my attention. He addressed me as Maya's sister, even Maya had said in flow. But, Veer told me  that I was an orphan, I had no family. He again lied to me.