Chapter 4

Flashback continued..

After checking and questioning around for some time, the cops left, not even looking once at Aadhya.

What stayed was Veer's hand around her waist. Aadhya turned to face him, moving out of his hold. When her hazel brown eyes met his mesmerizing bluish green ones, she was instantly captivated by them. Aadhya had never seen such intense, deep, captivating eyes. Veer smirked, knowing the effect he had on the smart mouthed, beautiful and angry woman, whom he laid his eyes on and then they refused to leave her. He could have ignored her just as he does with the rest, but something inside his heart told him that she was not just the someone he saw.

Clearing his throat, Veer brought Aadhya out of her imaginary world. Realizing that she had been staring at him all the time and that he was having that smug look on his face because of it, she felt embarrassed. Clearing her throat and looking away, she mutter a quick thank you under her breath, before starting to walk away.

"I'm Veer Mehrotra." His words made her stop in her tracks. Turning back, she gave him a very small smile, saying that she'd seen him in the newspapers.

Without him knowing why, Veer was already approaching her. His fingers slightly touched her cheek before tucking the strand of her hair, which disturbing his view, behind her ear. Veer's touch made Aadhya's heart skip a beat. She stood stiffened with wide eyes. Butterflies was all she was feeling. The feeling was very unknown to her.

"Your name?" He asked her in his low deep voice.

"Aadhya."

Aadhya immediately regretted telling her real name. She made a mistake, a grave mistake. But before she could rectify it, the sound of sirens filled in the cafe. The cops were approaching the main door. Aadhya swiftly scanned the whole place, but found no way to escape.

When the officers marched in, she stepped back, knowing that they were walking towards her, only to hit her back on Veer's hard chest. Because of the sudden touch, Aadhya repulsed and stumbled, only to be caught by Veer. Three officers stood in front of her, pointing their gun at her. She heard gasps and whispers filling in the cafe.

"We have the arrest warrant against you, so just cooperate and come with us." One of the officer said in his rough voice.

Aadhya stayed a calm for some seconds, thinking for a way out of the mess, before stretching her arms and sighing relaxingly, with a stoic face. She knew what she had to do. Her actions made the officers tighten their grip on their weapons.

"We are serious, come with us patiently or I'll drag you out. Choice is yours" The officer warned her.

But Aadhya didn't budged. Veer couldn't understand the situation, but was very much surprised to see her so calm. She wasn't now acting like the angry woman he was charmed by. Still, he liked her present slick and confident side too.

"I've chosen what I want." Saying this, she immediately flung her leg in air and kicked the officer in front of her and then twisted around bringing her knee up to hit another officer where the sun will never shine. Both the cops yelped, falling to the floor while the last cop and others were shocked. Veer's jaws dropped watching the sudden very short action movie that took place.

Without wasting a second, Aadhya grabbed the gun from the second officer and placed the gunpoint on Veer's forehead. By now, all the people had started running to the other corner of the cafe. Slowly, she went around Veer, and gripped him tightly in his forearm by her free hand. Her actions shocked the officers in front of her.

"Put the gun down!" One of the officer barked.

"And why did you think I'll do that. Let me go or else I'll empty all the bullets inside this gun into his head. And yeah, I'm dead serious." She warned them in return.