Chapter 8

Sitting up straight on the hospital bed, I pushed the sheets off me. The room was dark and cold, which was a good surrounding to go deep into the sleep.

Veer had brought me back to the hospital six hours ago. We spent some awkward time together thanks to the question he asked me. When he'd asked me the same question yesterday, I'd frankly answered him that I don't trust him, but today, I was hesitant to repeat that, thanks to my dreams.

Now, when he was finally in his deep slumber on the couch besides by bed, I couldn't sleep. Instead I kept tossing around on the bed, unable to sleep. My heart and mind weren't shutting up, so that I could sleep peaceful.

I replayed Veer's question in my mind, which was more like a statement as if he knew what I felt.

'You don't trust me, do you?' This was what he'd asked me on the terrace. After he said that, I slowly pulled myself away from him and stared him for some time before silently making my way back to the rrom

I didn't let a word slip off my tongue since I, myself didn't knew what should I answer and wasn't ready to create any more mess with the only person I have for now. I assumed that he also understood this since he didn't keep pushing it over.

I searched for my slippers in the dark, but didn't found one. Pulling up myself together, I straightened out the hospital gown. Deciding to walk bare footed, I marched out of the room without making any sound. I had heard some staff saying about the garden on the ground floor.

Knowing where I wanted to go, I entered into the elevator. The hospital wasn't that large. It was just a three storey building and was more like an experimental hospital cause, except myself, I hadn't seen a single other patient.

The doors of the elevator opened with a ping sound, reminding me to walk out. I saw the garden, twenty yards away from the building.

As I stepped out of the building, a wave of cold breeze hit me. Automatically, my hands embraced my body, hugging myself and rubbing my palms over my forearms, to produce some heat. As if the chilled breeze wasn't enough, the ice floor like cool grass sent chills down my spine. But it felt good. I then realized that I loved cool surroundings. Maybe, then winter season would've been my favourite, I thought. It actually felt very weird to keep guessing what I myself liked or didn't like in the past.  Settling over the nearby bench was only idea I had for now.

As I calmly sat on the cold bench, bathing under the moonlight. Pulling my knees up and hugging them, I fixed my gaze on a distant star, asking myself why I'd came out. To clear my mind.

What will you clear when it is already cleared? Is there any data in it?

My subconscious mind mocked me.

I seriously started feeling that it was a bad idea to walk out alone, anywhere, in the place I wasn't well aware of. But I just did it, cause for now there was no place I was anyhow well aware of.

I turned my head and looked around only to see that no one was there around. The place was dead silent. Of course, it had to be dead silent at one thirty at night. But it didn't felt dangerous at all to stay there alone.

I could bet that this place was outside the city. There were trees and only trees surrounding the hospital and no human settlement. I'd seen that clearly from the terrace.

Relaxed over the bench, I tried to enjoy the moment in the chilled environment. Even if I didn't remember anything, what all happened in these two days were more than enough to leave me sleepless.

I then recalled a name, something like, Erica Andrews, yeah, Erica right from my third dream. Now I guessed that I had to find her for more information about what I worked for. But there was a doubt. Dies this Erica, from one of my dreams even exists? If there wasn't any Erica Andrews, then that would mean whatever dreams I'd seen weren't true, except my first dream, the nightmare.