Chapter 10

Next Morning

I heard ruffling of curtains and then million beams of sun rays hit my face. I snuggled deep into the sheets to hide away from those merciless rays waking me. Then, the clicking of shoes alerted me and I stiffened. Someone was entering in, I thought and pushing the sheets off me I immediately got up. The knob of the door jiggled but nothing happened. It jiggled again, but still the door didn't open.

"It won't open. I have locked it. Go away." I heard a woman's voice yelling.

Wait, I wasn't alone it the room? Being engrossed so much in thinking who was trying to come inside, I missed out to notice the one who ruffled the curtains causing me to end my beauty sleep. Ishika was sitting close to the window, still in her yesterday's clothes, keenly looking outside.

"Good morning." I greeted her, but got no response.

My foot directed me towards her. Standing behind her, I peeped out of the window to see what caught her attention. But expect the big tress, I could see nothing that was interesting enough to catch her attention. Puzzed, I rested my hand over her shoulder and saw her instantly turn around fumingly. She watched be with so much fury, that I took a step back, being taken aback.

"Only if you weren't a patient the I would have used my claw like nails to scratch all of your face so much that you would never ever dare to look yourself in the mirror. But my medical degree stops me from doing that." Ishika spat, pushing my hand off.

Was that a dream or a joke? I got up in the morning and out of the blue a lady was planning the murder of my face and even telling that to me?

If someone else would've talked to me like that, I was pretty sure I would've held them by their neck. I'd seen that in my dreams. But I didn't even got little bit angry with Ishika's malevolence, which surprised me. I was in stead thinking what happened to her that made her vent out her frustration me.

"Why you did this to me?" Her words caught my attention.

Oh God, was she drunk or high? That also in the early morning? But she seemed to be so. Moreover, I didn't even knew her properly and I'd already done something to her. When did that happen?

"I barely know you. What can I do to you?" I asked Ishika.

"You stole the love of my life."

"What? Now this is ridiculous Dr.Ishika! Its so early in the morning and you are already high? And what love huh? I have barely been outside this hospital room or spoke to anyone."

"But that doesn't matters to him. He is marrying you. And if that happens I swear I'll kill... Wait who will I kill? Him? You? No, first I'll kill him and then you." Ishika declared, scrunching her nose and pointing her finger towards me.

Ugghh, why was I assigned to handle all this in the morning? Looking at her face, I could easily say that she slept crying and had just gotten up. Her nose and eyes were reddened while she was clutching the key of the the door tightly between her fingers. Wait, she said that I was gonna get married? To her lover?

"I'm not going to marry anyone, okay." I assured her in strict tone. "See, just calm down and have some water."

I then got a glass of water and held it out to her. She watched me with her suspicious eyes before gulping down the whole glass.

"Who's your boyfriend?" I asked her, though from yesterday's her eye to eye talk with Kabir had already dropped a hint for me.

"Kabir. And don't think I'll leave you so easily."

Talking to her was useless, I told myself. Taking advantage of her distraction, I picked up the key that I'd noticed falling down from her hand while she was holding the glass. I swiftly ran to the door and unlocked it. Before I could open it, the door swung back with a greater force.