Chapter 12

Slowly opening my eyes, I blinked few times to adjust my vision. The surrounding around me seemed to be the most polished and magnificent place I'd ever been to. My eyes widened realizing that I was in Veer's arms and he was carrying me somewhere upstairs in bridal style, with his jaws clenched. But what had taken me aback was the small cut over his forehead.

"Veer, what happened to your forehead?" I asked, running my thumb over it.

Veer just glanced at me once, and then continued to ascend the stairs, ignoring my question.

Suddenly all the images of the recent encounter with that biker flooded through my memory. I couldn't understand why, but what I instantly felt was being betrayed by Veer without even knowing who was that man or what had happened. I had a feeling that exasperation was gradually filling in my veins as I recalled him handshaking with the biker.

Calm down Aadhya, you might be misunderstanding, my subconscious mind advised.

But I wasn't in a mood to take any advice, cause, I was feeling bad. No, I was feeling hurt. Hurt by his behavior, which had taking a turn towards fury.

But, there was something of what my heart and mind needed clarification. I was already trying to make myself believe that Veer wasn't my 'knight in shining armour'. I didn't trust him, then why was I disappointed? Why was I disappointed thinking that his heart warming words of protecting me, never hurting me didn't held that much sincerity.

Again, I peeked a glance at him, when I noticed few brown coloured drop marks over his yellow tux's collar. Without him noticing, I ran my thumb over it. It was wet.

'Was that blood?'

Veer kicked open the door of a room and dropped me on the bed. Without saying a word, he watched me with his cold distant eyes before walking away, leaving me alone inside that big room.

My eyes remained stuck on the door from where he left, wrapping my arms around knees, embracing the humiliation that I felt. I didn't realize when the tears settled in the corner of my eyes. I'd spent a hell lot of time thinking about all those possibilities of me misunderstanding him. But his ignorance was hard for me to handle.

Tsk tsk tsk, are you feeling betrayed because Veer shook his hands with your so called stalker, which seems like a childish reason or its that you're feeling hurt because he ignored you? My subconscious mind mocked

'None of your business.' I retorted

I'm you and you are me. Everything related to you is my business, it declared.

"Ugh..What's wrong with me?" I complained, covering my face with my hands.

Veer was a traitor, I sternly told myself. He'd tried to gain my trust and then left me embarrassed in my own eyes. But then, why did he do that? If he wanted, then he could have killed me the moment I was stabbed, shot and half died in his arms when he'd carried me into that hospital. But he didn't. He kept saying we were in a official relationship. But he didn't behave like that, instead, him actions made me feel deflated.

Yet my stupid heart believed that there was a strange connection between us.

As I pondered over Veer more, I kept turning more sad. So, taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes and focused to hear my real inner voice.

Aadhya, you know he won't do anything wrong to you.

My inner voice's words made me scoff. I knew was clearly too much infatuated by Veer, attracted towards him and his captivating bluish green eyes. Yet, I knew one more thing and that was I had to get away from that man as soon as possible. That was the only thing that could help me to clear my mind.