Chapter 17

"Care to explain this?" I asked tauntingly, holding out my medical file in front of Ishika. She gave me a tight lipped smile before walking inside the room and sitting besides me as I patiently waited for her explanation.

"Aadhya, do you remember that I'd said you were shot very close to your heart?" Ishika asked, in low voice. I nodded in yes.

"So, when Kabir was operating you to remove the bullet, your bleeding didn't stop. Therefore he had to change his ways and do a risky surgery to stop the bleeding or else you would've died. Kabir successfully completed the surgery but due to some uncertainties, a blood clot was formed which flowed with the blood in your arteries. But then it game stuck near your brain."

Ishika explained everything in one go and it took time for me to wrap my head around all her words. I just kept nodding constantly and tried hard not to frighten her with my horrified look.

"So, what next?" I enquired.

"After the surgery, Kabir declared you being brain dead, that is, in comatose stage." She said with a small hint of uncertainness in her voice. Of course, she wouldn't have thought that a coma patient would wake up in few days.

"For how long?"

"For around 60 hours, it was the longest time the Oberoi brothers didn't even had the guts to face each other."

"Why?"

"When you landed I'm coma, Veer was distraught and blamed Kabir for this mishap and asked him to go away. But instead, Kabir didn't. He tried to solve the misunderstandings but Veer yelled at him in frustration. Kabir too rebuked, telling him that he was yelling his brother for an unknown girl, who he just saved by doing a very risky surgery without police complaint. When they came back to their senses, both of them were ashamed to face each other, especially Veer. Since he fought with his brother for a girl."

Now I understood why was Kabir behaving so weirdly with me. He must have thought of me being some sort of a family wrecker or brother snatcher for sure. But I was sure that his misunderstanding might've been cleared by now.

Ishika then shocked me by informing that those painkillers were for the tumor and that she was going to start my medications for it soon. They would keep me under observation for sometime and if the clot or tumor size didn't decrease, then I'd have to undergo another surgery. And as per Ishika, my body wasn't in a condition to handle another surgery.

"Were you going to let me know all this any time soon, if I hadn't got my hands over this file?" I asked and watched her shaking her head.

I sighed. My life had everything at this point what a victim in a mysterious book will have. Terror, thrill, frustration, confusion. This realization made me go silent for some moments.

"Tell me that you are okay!"

Ishika asserted, holding my hands in hers, but I heard the hint of uncertainty laced with her words.

"Let's go down, I'm hungry." I mumbled, not wanting to talk about myself anymore. I could feel too much of drama going on around my life that I was unaware of.

During the whole breakfast, all I did was constantly poking my fork into the omelet placed in front of me. Veer and Kabir were busy discussing something I wasn't interested eavesdropping in.

Suddenly I felt someone kick my foot from under the table. I looked up at Ishika who was sitting right in front of me. She signed me to stop playing with my food and start eating.

After finishing my breakfast, I picked up my plate and walked towards to kitchen to clean it. I walked over the sink and settled my plate in. As I turned the tap on, I heard a deep commanding voice.