Chapter 19

Dream

A lone tear flowed down Aadhya's cheek as she held her .38 aiming the man she loved. He had just proposed with goddamn beautiful ring and an amazingly cheesy speech. Each word of his was reflecting the sincerity of his feelings for her and on the other hand, she was planning to kill him just because she needed to save herself?

No it wasn't just for herself, but each and every person she was fighting for.

"Aadhya."

That was the only thing that left his mouth. His face clearly showed the amount of shock he received seeing her response. He opened his mouth to say something but no words came out. Her heart broke into million pieces seeing him looking at her feeling betrayed and heartbroken.

"No." She silently muttered. He was the last person she wanted to loose.

Few more tears flowed down but she quickly rubbed them off with the back of her palm. Her hands trembled recklessly as she tried to hold the gun straight.

"I'm sorry Veer. I don't want to do this. But I have to." She started, shaking her head. Veer sighed, bringing his hand forward to rub off her tears but she stepped back. Hurt flashed through his eyes, which only made her tighten her shaky grip around her revolver.

Veer's fingers pressed the bridge between his eyebrows with his eyes closed. Watching him keenly through her blurry vision, Aadhya was constantly shifting from foot to foot, waiting for him to say something.

"Just tell me Aadhya, do you love me or not?" He asked, opening his eyes and looking into hers. The intensity of his gaze captivated her and there was no way she could lie while looking into his eyes. It was like he knew about her facade, like he could see through her. But he shouldn't, she thought. She had a goal to achieve and he was her last step. She can't fail herself.

Get a grip over yourself Aadhya, her subconscious mind warned her.

It didn't take much time for Aadhya to understand that it was his trick to hypnotize her and make her admit the truth. And the worst part was that she was so emotional right then, that it didn't matter to her that she was getting diverted from her goal.

"Aadhya, look into my eyes. Now." His threatening voice made her follow his command without a second thought.

Veer took a step in forward direction while she retarded. She'd let herself give in for a moment and he took complete advantage of it. That movement of their's continued until her lower back hit the dining table. Her breath hitched as she saw his hand reaching over to her cheeks.

"Aadhya." He called her out again. Snapping out of the reverie, she pulled the trigger and shot. The sound of gunshot echoed throughout the room.

The bullet didn't hit him, instead in pierced into the wall piece behind him. Aadhya wasn't someone who ever missed her target, ever. It was just that she couldn't target him.

Out of frustration, she brought her hand down and kicked the leg of the dining table, which made her wince. Veer covered up the blaffled look on his face with a stern one. But she never ever missed any of his reactions too.

Aadhya was feeling disgusted to do anything to him and now when she was holding a gun aiming him few mins back, she felt that she deserved hell for herself.

"Aadhya."

"Why are you not gone already? How can you still stand here without knowing if I would embrace you or kill you the next moment? Aren't you afraid in this situation? You should've left the moment I shot the wall piece instead of you. You should've been gone already." She yelled, shoving him away by his shoulders. Both of them hadn't expected her outburst.