Chapter 39 (Last chapter)

What happened?" I questioned Juliet as she entered into green room, with me and Ishika following her. Each one of them were looking around, or tapping their foot, chewing their nails. I inwardly chuckled, remembering how I too used to do such things whenever I was nervous.

When all of them noticed me, the stood up, but I gestured them to sit and told them to relax. Priya, one of favorite my student, from the junior college I was teaching years back and the model representing cotton walked to me with a worried look on her face.

She was wearing that blue colour cotton handloom saree with golden zari work on it. The saree really complimented her golden glowing skin. I covered up my anxiousness with a smile. When I raised a brow at her, she looked around and then huffed.

"Didi, Madhu is missing." Priya whispered in a low voice. My heart dropped. I knew that a bad news waiting for me, from the time that black cat crossed my path, but I never thought that it would be so bad.

Ishika who was standing behind me gasped and tapped my shoulder. I turned around to find Madhu, who was representing satin standing at the doorstep with her one arm around Ishika's shoulder, for support. Everyone gasped at the sight of her.

"She suddenly appeared behind me." Ishika said, taking Madhu across the room to the closet, which was bigger than the green room.

For some time, I couldn't think anything, but just stare at the departing figure of Ishika and Madhu leaning on her. Her white gown was torn, badly, her heel broken, hair messed up, her make up was washed off by the tears striking down her cheeks. But what really got me was the imprint of a hand on her cheek.

I heard everyone whisper and mumble among each other. There was no way I could've been able to give a motivational speech right away, when I was shaken to the core. Priya placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Priya, its time to go. Remember, one of us is injured, which means, we need to cover up her part of work too. For now, just do your own part of the event, I'll take care of the rest." Saying this I rushed in to the closet, where Madhu was settled on the chair with Ishika standing besides her.

I eyed Ishika, to go out and keep an eye on the others. I couldn't afford them sulking over this matter and making a blunder at the stage.

As for the blunder that's happened, I really didn't knew what to do. Even though, I'd assured the models that everything will be alright, I myself didn't knew how was I going to do it. But for now, Madhu was my only concern.

"Madhu, come with me."

I took her to one of the bathroom. I told her to shower first and immediately rushed out to find her clothes from her locker.

Shutting her locker, I leaned against it. I had no idea what to do right now, to cover up the situation. Madhu was surely not going on the stage, she was in deep shock and I wasn't going to force her. But, one more thing, I had to know who did this to her. And, if I found out that it was some how connected to Mia Mitra, I swear I'm not gonna stay quiet.

Taking a deep breath, I returned to Madhu and knocked the door, when I found it was open. Madhu was standing under the shower with her white dress on. Even the water dripping from her face couldn't hide her tears.

"Didi, I'm sorry." She sobbed. But it wasn't her fault, right? It was my fault. She was my responsibility and I failed to protect her. I just mumbled its okay, asked her to get changed and walked out to the closet.

But, then, nothing was okay.

I sat on the nearest chair with a thump, as Priya walked in, saying that she contacted Ruhi and asked her skip satin to the last. I smiled slightly and thanked her.