Chapter 28

Aadhya's POV

"Let me speak. Veer, actually I wanted to say that..." Saying this I leaned in and placed my lips on his. But I just pecked him and gave him a cheeky smile.

"Veer, I'm ready to marry you, Darling." I didn't think it was necessary for me to say anything anymore. Back then, we both were somewhere or somehow wrong. But now, I was sitting at the edge of the bed, with future husband in front of me, our fingers entwined and eyes sparkling with joy. What more could have t asked? This was more than enough for me.

"Aren't you afraid that I'd do the same thing with you?" He questioned me with a teasing glint in his eyes.

Oh boy! Was he just mocking you?

You know that he was mocking me, so why you asked it?

Habits die hard, baby!

Habit huh!

"I know that you've already broken someone's heart. But you won't break mine, I know that. Because I'm not someone. I'm Aadhya and not at all a someone to be played with."

I said this removing my hands from his grip and placed them by my sides, little backwards and arched back. I smirked at my last sentence, trying to give a badass girl look, but shamelessly failed and burst into laughter along with him. I was laughing on my failed attempt and he was laughing on me, which I seriously didn't care about.

But you meant it, didn't you?

Of course I did. If he even tries to do something wrong with me, I'd teach him proper lesson.

You didn't tell how you felt about his revelation?

I really didn't feel anything. So I couldn't say.

Oh!

"That cool dude attitude doesn't suits you that much as that pretty girl in glasses and pyjamas do. That was my favorite."

He teased and I recalled such a look of mine which he witnessed when we were on a trip to Goa. Not at all together.

I was there because my target was there, spending his holiday with his forced mistress on his bungalow in Goa who was twenty years older than him. Keyword, forced, which was a surprisingly useful for me.

After freeing her and killing him behind the his bedroom door, where there were more than ten bodyguards on the other side of the door, just to not let that lady out, we both escaped from the bathroom window and parted our ways.

Then, I decided to spend two days I'm Goa completely for myself. There I accidentally met him, in a shop. It was our second meet.

Flashback

Aadhya was rummaging through the shelves, not able to decide which black jacket to pick. At last, she settled on the leather one and made her way to the shades section selecting a ray bans shades for herself.

Veer was there too, just finished his important meeting and suddenly decided to spend some lone time in the city. He needed a break, he said to himself.

He was there, just his back facing her, selecting few T-shirts and shirts for himself. He'd asked the manager to send a helper, who he thought was standing behind him and shoved all his things into her hand and asked her to follow him.

Aadhya, who had already noticed him, leaned over the side counter, checking him out as he was ordering someone on the phone

Always so bossy!

She thought.

He was just in what she'd assume as his usual attire, suit and tie. He spoke to someone on phone and in few mins, the phone kissed the floor cracking into pieces. She smirked knowing how much big his ego was. Just like her.

Her eyes were completely stuck on him. She was shamelessly checking him out. This never ever happened with her, she was never ever attracted to anyone. But this man in front of her was something else.

She stood behind him at the payment counter. When he ordered her to give his T-shirts to the cashier, she instead gave the ray bans she purchased along with a black jacket.

That idiotic man she went to kill broke her earlier shades and tried to stab her which gifted her only with a long slash on the backside of her jacket.

Veer, who was now asked by the cashier to pay for the shades at the other side counter, was indeed shocked because ray bans was not on his list.

From his peripheral view, he saw a hand extending and picking up a ray bans and paying for something in cash, which he noticed was a jacket. He saw a black color band spelling fighter on her wrist. He was curious to know who came behind him and daringly went ahead.

Suddenly someone tapped on his shoulder. He turned around I'm confused look when he saw a petite unknown girl behind him.

"Sorry sir, I couldn't assist you then, I was stuck in some other work. Now is there something I can help you with"

He knew that she wasn't the 'fighter band' girl. The worker further added that he mistook a customer as helper. But the customer was patient enough to wait for her and dropped all his things in helper's hands and left. Veer felt a strong urge to know who was that helper. That fighter band lady. He asked the way to the counter for ray bans and left not before giving giving her his card to pay.

On the other side, Aadhya, who'd just finished paying decided to once check over if he was there. She wanted to go to him, he body forced her to go to him. But she stood steady and mentally told herself that its wrong.

Last time they met, she held him at the gun point to escape. Back then, time was in her support. But that can be changed. She knew he didn't filed any case against her, but wasn't sure if he won't the next time he sees her. Most of the businessman don't forget such thing easily and not at all take it lightly and she knew this from her experience.

She forcibly stopped herself from stealing a glance and walked out of the shop. Little did she knew that the man she was attracted to, was already behind her.

She wore her new ray bans with a swag and swung her bag back. Her work here finished this morning. She'd already sent the money order she was paid with to her sister keeping only some for her. She called Erica and promised that the money will reach her by tomorrow.

Veer, on the other felt like he was pulled towards the lady walking in front of him. He hadn't been involved with any women after his secretary. For two whole years, he didn't gave a second look to any lady. But three days before, he met Aadhya, a fearless cunning and charming lady, not to forget dangerous too.

He was all smitten by her smartness, her charm, her anger and her ignorance. She didn't at all acted as a sophisticated lady, which drew his interest over her. She was so unladylike.

Now again another lady. She just looked like a carbon copy of Aadhya. 'May be that's why you're following her
May be Aadhya is your ultimate goal'. His inner voice suggested this.

He felt himself being an idiot to follow an unknown lady. But he couldn't help himself. He felt it, the pull, the known feeling of connection. His heart yelled stop to her.

As if she heard his heart's yelling, she stopped dead in her tracks. "Aadhya" he breathed. His heart skipped a beat, when she turned around giving him a small reassuring smile. His breathing stopped. Aadhya!

Her heartbeat increased as she heard him breath out her name. She was sure that he'd be able to hear it too. She was usually a headstrong person, never scared to voice out, but now was at loss of words.

She let him follow her. Her subconscious mind told her not to involve him in her mess called life. But her selfish self told her that she too deserved some happiness. Happiness, that had a been always playing his and seek with her and this time she'd seek them in him. She understood this by the was her heart fluttered when she saw him in the shop.

She was still flattered to know that he followed her, only because he thought she was Aadhya. She never behaved like a teenager ever in her life. But only this man was capable of bringing out this side of hers.

"What a pleasant surprise, Aadhya!" He forwarded his hand. Not to miss his deep and raspy voice which had a new uncommon and pleasant effect on her.

She was so full of attitude and confidence when she was standing behind him, gawking. But, now the way her name name rolled off his tongue, did a lot to glittery things to her. She shook her hands with him.

He felt her grip as a firm one, but her touch expressed her nervousness. One the other hand, she memorized his touch as tender and caring. 

"Veer" she smiled, her voice unknowingly turned into husky one. He was all pleased to learn about the effect he had on her.

They stared each other for few mins before he suggested her to walk along the beach with him. It was 5 pm. So he suggested that at least they'd watch the sunset together which her agreed. They were quiet for sometime at the start, but then started talking and stopped directly at her room's door at 10 pm.

They saw sunset together, unknowingly hand in hand. Dinned together in a small restaurant which was his favorite. Picked up his T-shirts from that shop and walked till her hotel, surprisingly the same one her was staying.

He said good bye to her, not knowing what to say more. She was leaving tomorrow and he wanted her to remember him for every minute until they meet the next time. She too was waiting for him to say something.

He knew that she like him, she admitted it. So why wait. He pushed her back pinning her to the wall and his lips crashed onto her. His arms sneaked around her waist. She was so shocked that she didn't respond. So his hand made its was under her shirt and he pinched her waist.

After that, she started kissing him back. She ran her hands through his hair, pulling him closer. She completely melted in his arms as his grip's strength increased.

Few mins later they parted. She came back to reality. It was her first kiss. The kiss she'd never regret. She did a right thing by waiting. And now she wanted more. But her subconscious mind warned her against it.

So she just pecked his lips again. Saying that she would have loved it more if they had more time together. She sneaked her arms around his neck and placed her head on his chest.

"I really like you too much, Veer." She said more to herself. "I know and so do I baby." Was his reply. Unhappily, they parted with one more kiss.

Later, she got into a quick shower packed her things, got every ready for tomorrow morning and sat in front of the TV watching a barbie movie. Barbie and the 12 dancing princesses.

Suddenly she heard a knock on the door. It was so unexpected. Her first thought was that police came to know about her and thought that she'd escape in the morning to arrived at unusual time. But she had to open the door so she did.

Veer was leaning on the doorframe, waiting for her to open the door. She was definitely not expecting him. His eyes traveled from her bare feet to the specs she was wearing.

"You know, you look more beautiful in pyjama and glasses than that black to black hot avatar." She blushed at his compliment and told him that she didn't like anyone seeing her this way but he ignored her and walked in. He was pleased to know that only he'd seen her this way. More cuter.

He sat besides her on the floor. She turned off the TV and patiently listened to him as her talked about his future plans in business. She actually had no interest in his talks, but it was of her interest because they were a part of him.

They then decided to watch a movie together. In the midway if movie, they were already asleep. Both of them adjusted themselves on the couch and slept. After a big time, that night, she wasn't disturbed by any nightmare.

At morning, Aadhya, being a heavy sleeper, was yet sleeping even if her flight was in two hours. She'd begged Erica not to book any morning flight. But yet her bad luck, she had to travel in morning flight. And now, she was sound asleep.

Veer on the other hand, was wide awake, watching her snore a bit. After yesterday, he was clear about two things. One, it was not just liking or desire, but more than that and two, even though she was too much intoxicating for him, he was never gonna leave her. He can't for himself.

He knew that she didn't reveal anything about her work, which was clearly dangerous one. He saw her gun tugged at the backside of her waist band while he was following her. She tried to keep distance between them but miserably failed.

In reality, she gave no productive information about her. Whenever he raised a question related to her job, she said, "I don't wanna lie to you. So don't force me to." Her way of speaking was blunt. She never thought twice before expressing her views.

It was his secret mission to notice minute actions of her. Yesterday, during dinner, she told him that she was going back only because she wanted to and not that she needed to. So he decided that he'd make her stay with him for more time. That's why he was here, to make sure she missed her flight.

He watched her, attentively. Her slightly parted lips were inviting him, but he knew not to make any move. She was well reserved person and he can't let her close doors on him. He pushed back her loose strand of hair that was blocking his view and smiled.

He had questioned himself a lot of times about his blind trust over this feeling of connection for Aadhya. But that feeling of connection was more powerful than those questions. Even his brother noticed him changing a bit, smiling more. Just one meet changed him.

He waited in the same position, until it was nine at morning, her flight's take off time. He grinned and punched in air. For a man of thirty years, he was not at all acting like that, but he knew that it was worth.

He slightly patted her cheeks. "Aadhya, wake up. Its 9 am. Your flight took off." She unwrapped him from herself and turned to the other side, curling up into a ball. "I know that, now go away. Let me sleep." Aadhya scolded him.

After an hour, she got up and inhaled the aroma of her favorite aloo puri. She got off the bed and made her way to the open kitchen in the living room.

"You're up. Go freshen up. Then well have breakfast together."

After breakfast, Veer somehow convinced her not to book next flight, instead travel with him to Mumbai in his jeep. It was his plan to get more time with her, which was completely successful.

Flashback ended.

After some time

"I'll be back in few mins. Complete all your sums before I come back." All the kids nodded in yes and I headed out of the study room to find my sister not before telling Zoya to keep and eye in everyone.

Veer stayed with me for half and hour, reliving those golden memories of last two and a half months. We laughed recalling the cover up lies he told me from last seven days and concluded that he was a terrible liar.

I told him about me not able to recollect what happened after I kissed him in that farmhouse, but at that same moment his phone went off. The had an important meeting with some French delegates. So I forcefully asked him  to leave. But he promised to tell me his side if story of those two days.

After that, I decided to spend my time teaching kids along with my sister. I tried to learn what all I've missed out in last two years when I wasn't beside my kids. At seven in the evening, Arnav returned from his office and was shocked to find me giving him a side hug. When he found out that I've recollected most of my memory, he said that it means party so tomorrow he'll arrange a small party for kids and no outsiders. Kids cheered in joy.

After that, they left and were missing till now for half an hour. Zoya, who was sitting besides me, teaching a three year old baby girl A-Z alphabets. The way she was teaching, I was sure she'd be a good teacher. I smiled. She noticed me smiling at her and mouthed 'what'. I nodded in no. I guess I made a good decision that day by helping her.

That's when Zoya asked me where is Di. So I decided to locate my sister as I wanted her help in something important. I was about to go upstairs when I heard some noise coming from the kitchen. When I entered in, I accidentally dropped my brand new android Veer gave me I'm surprise. I immediately covered my eyes.

My sister was in her ex-husband's arms and they were kissing. "Ah! Too much for my innocent eyes. Are you two decent now?" I asked after few seconds and dropped to the floor to find my phone yet covering my eyes.

"Open you eyes." My sister ordered yet I could point the nervousness and shyness in her voice. I picked my phone and found Arnav grinning.

"Don't worry Di, this wasn't the first time I've seen this" I teased her putting my arm around her shoulder. Arnav blushed a bit but my sister was giving a great competition to tomatoes. She pinched me.

"Oh come on Di, you know its the fact. But you two should've been careful. Kids are around, what if they see you, sucking each other's face. At least get a room." Di slapped my hand off her shoulder. My hand was replaced by Arnav's .

"That's why you are here na. You take care of the kids and let me take care of your sister." He said moving his thumb over her lips. She wriggled out of his arms and I giggled.

"Hate you both." She stomped her foot and left "Love you too." We yelled in unison.

After he left to freshen up I rushed behind my sister to find her ushering the kids to dinning room. I told Zoya to sit with them as I was waiting for Mehrotra brothers and Ishika.

It was already 9 pm as we finished tucking each and every child in bed. After that, I pulled my sister aside and told her what I wanted to tell her from a long time.

"Di, I was very close from unmasking the person who gave the contract to kill papa. I think I had found out who was behind it and the same person paid those four to kill me."

She was gaping at me with big eyes.

"You told this to Veer? I mean he was the one who found you, right?" She questioned me. But before Veer, I wanted to tell this to someone else.

We sat at the same place for mins, thinking who could do this to him. She left in and I sat on steps outside. I still remembered my 24th birthday, after which day, my whole life turned upside down. Papa. He had a lot of enemies, may be someone whom he had put behind the bars or someone related to the criminals. The list was big.

When I started working there, I met seven ruthless people. Each of them had a story behind them turned into ruthless killers. One boss, an old man, whom I was to meet after I met Veer in the farmhouse.

Four men, who followed me to kill me. Jay, my opponent and that boss's daughter. She was the definition of heartlessness. I had to kill her on order to save a small kid from her. Then I called my sister and asked her to take that kid away.

Suddenly my head started spinning. I clutched my head and accidentally pushed the glasses of water I had by my side.

Oh! Again a vision or flash? But you are going to faint here? How will your sister carry you in?

Shut up!

As you wish!

I took deep breaths, closed my eyes and focused on what I can see. Images flooded in front of my eyes. But everything was blur. All I could make out was me panicking and talking to someone on call.

Erica!

Yes, she's the one who'd know what happened. Even I had to question her why she wrote few lies in that letter. So acting on the instant I called her. She picked in three rings.

"Erica?" I asked, making sure it was her.

"Yes mam! How are you?" She said.

"Fine. But I have a question for you. Why did you lies that we never met?" I didn't all wanted to make jalebi but take a straight forward way. Erica I even stayed together sometimes because of her fight with her sister Delilah. We were in good terms.

"So that I get to know when you regain your memory. Congratulations mam." She said in duh-tone. She was always like this, sarcastic when it was not about work.

"But I've missed out some part. Do you know what happened after I met Veer at the farmhouse?"

"You called me after he left. You told what all happened but were worried for his life. After that you went back to your rental house in Andheri. Next day after you were to meet your boss at the usual place. It was your last chance to swap the files." She paused for a moment to know if I was following her. I nodded in yes but then realized that she won't be able to see so I spoke.

"The same file where in all the information of the person that group had killed, along with the person who paid them, right? There was one more file with all detailed information about the murders and murderers."

I remember that file. It took me one complete year to gain boss's trust. I had to make myself best in front of his eyes. There were a lot of times I've failed other member's plans so that no innocent is hurt.

After that, the key of the safe where in all the information was kept came I'm my hands but I couldn't hunt down where the safe was. Once I did, I got to know that there were burglar alarms working on generators so I had to plan properly go get that.

"Yes, the same files in which you accidentally saw Vivek Sir's photo when the boss introduced it to you. You met him, there, alone. He got to know that you killed his daughter. You two fought, you overpowered him and killed him.

You left his body at the same place and ran upstairs to the locker. But you couldn't open the it because it needed his fingerprint. You called me then and I suggested you to cut his fingers because you can never pulled his body upstairs.

When you rushed down, you said that his body was missing and that others were approaching and hanged up. From that day, I tried to locate you. But couldn't. I just got a message from you that you're going to break the safe into pieces. But nothing more.

I even tried to locate Veer and got information about you being in that hospital. After that you called and the rest is the history."

"Now, I have a problem. I still couldn't recollect if I opened the file or not. And his Veer found me."

"Don't worry everything will be fine."

Optimistic!

"After I finish finding out everything, I want you to come once and meet me, as Aadhya." We were a team, but never friends and I wanted to forward my hand.

"Of course, Aadhya. Bye" I smiled at last hearing Aadhya from her instead of mam and hanged up.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

4176 words

Hope you'll liked it

Vote"comment"follow

Aruvi❤