Chapter 18

Without knowing who I was, what was my identity, if I could live a life like a normal woman of my age would live, then I'm ready to give up on my identity.

Or maybe, I was not yet ready to give up.

But I was definitely tired of these small small revelations flabbergasting me each time.

I sat on my bed with a huff, starting to think about what can do I could from the new piece of information acquired. Keeping my head between my palms, I let my thoughts to wander.

Why all these tragedies happened with me only?
What wrong had I done?

It wasn't the first time I was asking this question to God, but like always, I got no answer.

I brought my right hand in front of my face and admired at the ring in my finger. Engagement ring, I suppose. The diamond on the ring exactly matched with his eye colour. I smiled sadly, remembering that I couldn't even recall being engaged to him.

Picking up my phone from the nightstand, I checked today's date. 7 November 2019, the screen showed before I turned it off.

'What am I really doing?' I asked myself. Picking up pieces of information from weird dreams, other people's words and trying to set them together as if they were some missing pieces of a puzzle. Just, here, the whole puzzle is missing.

I recalled my first dream, where I was being chased and the recent one, where I held a gun aiming Veer. That image flashed through my mind and made a shiver run down my spine.

When the clock strike twelve, I found myself calling Erica, fairly aware of Veer coming to know about it. I didn't care. He anyways knew things more than I did. I threw my phone on the bed in disappointment after Erica didn't receive my call.

Sometime later, my stomach growled. Reaching downstairs, I realized that the whole mansion was deserted. No one was around. I would have panicked at the same moment if I hadn't seen Sudha walking into the living room.

"Hi, again." She said, again staring at me for a long moment but I just nodded.

"Why there are no house helps working around as Veer had mentioned?" I asked her to which she shrugged.

"From the much I know, there were only three ladies working here, one cook and two for other works. But for now, I guess the cook and other one is on leave or that's what Ishika told me."

"You are going somewhere out?" I asked a rhetorical question as I noticed the small laptop's bag in her hand. She was wearing a pale green saree in formal manner.

Sudha said that she was leaving for a meeting of top neurosurgeons and that was enough to make me lose the interest in further conversing with her.

After she left, I rushed into the kitchen to find something to eat. The bowl full of vegetable biryani in the refrigerator made my mouth water. Bringing it out, I heated it up before plating it out. That's when subconscious mind mocked.

You forgot a hell lot of things but still remembered biryani, huh?

I was sure that I had a big crush on food. Especially Indian food.

Settling myself on the barstool opposite the counter, I picked up the spoon to have my first bite. My hand stopped in midway with the spoonful of briyani as I heard someone clearing their throat.

Kabir was standing at the door with his hands in the pockets of his jeans. Casuals suited better on him then Veer, I thought as I stared at him.

Honestly, I'd never given him a second look but that didn't mean he was any bit less handsome and charming than his brother. It was just that I was already charmed by his brother.