Chapter 26

Aadhya's POV

I stared at Maya blankly. Four freaking years? I thought that I just had this abnormal lifestyle for last two years. Even Erica told me that she was working with me for just two years, from the beginning of the facade DA.

All these things were going bouncer to me. But I had to know this. So I had to do this. I inhaled deeply and asked her where was I living for the those years. Erica told me that from the time she knew me that is for last two years, I kept shifting from place to place, but still I wanted to cross check if she'd told me the truth or not.

Maya settled on the couch and signalled me to join her. When I didn't, she huffed and said that 'It's going to be a long talk'.

Undoubtedly.

I placed myself besides her. Attentive and alert. She smiled a bit, as if she wanted to tell me to relax.

"Vivek sir took us under his wing when there was no one for us. I was just 14 at that time. For me, taking someone unknown's help was nearly impossible, but I had to do it, because there was no other way I could've taken care of you. He gave us shelter, food, clothing, education and all the primary necessities.

We were in debt of him. But, he always said that we were his daughters, not any other strangers. It was true, because he never discriminated between us and his daughter Ishika, who left very soon for higher studies.

As days passed, I began to take up a job as a part time librarian and later as a tutor. I wanted to save the much amount of money I can for us to be independent and I could build this dream place of mine. Since I didn't need to spend a single penny on you or me, all my earnings were saved.

You, on the other hand, considered him as your father figure. You turned to be a doting daughter to him. He also spent much of his free time, training you different types of skills like taekwondo, shooting, archery, swimming, etc. He taught you how to survive in extreme conditions and what not.

Actually, he saw his daughter Ishika in you. Vivek sir and his wife Sudha's married life was suffering a lot due to his and her time demanding occupations. But when we entered into their life, every last hope of them survive in this condition together vanished. She thought that we were his biological daughters from his dead first wife.

I tried to tell her about our real family, our parents, Harsh and Sweta who had eloped because their parents weren't happy about their relationship. But Sudha never paid any heed to my words. But then, things worsen to the level that both of them considered divorce. But they didn't want Ishika to go through it.

Ishika wasn't aware of this and when she proposed her idea of studying in abroad, Sir Vivek and his wife instantly agreed because this allowed them to stay separate yet not. They left just after few weeks we came into his life.

After she left, he engrossed himself more into work, but still he missed his daughter very much. Sudha took complete care of not letting Ishika contact him frequently. But she somehow always found a way to call or talk to her father without her mother's acknowledgment.

Then, when he started giving you some attention, since I was completely busy in handling my work and studies, he saw his daughter Ishika in you. You two grew over each other. I never pulled you back because, you missed both our parents love at an age younger than me. Five years passed away like a bliss.

Till I turned twenty, I'd saved a sufficient amount of money to bye this plot. We both together travelled to a lot of places to select a plot and finally decided that this is it. But I didn't had money to build a single room on the plot. I had just completed my graduation at that time