01 | New Start

Pulling the curtain, I watched the Sun rise up. Amazed at how the beautiful bright orange and yellow lights that mixing in the sky can hurt my pale skin so much. I closed the curtain before the light can reach me as I sighed softly.

"Sohee! Wake up!"

A call from my favorite woman from downstairs echoed in the house. "I'm awake mom!" I shouted back. "Hurry up or you gonna be late on your first day!" She still sound so cheerful as always. Always cheerful, well that's her; my mom.

New house, new day. Hopefully, new me; as if.

"Finish your breakfast quickly, Sohee. You're going to miss the bus" She ordered while taking care of my sleepy lil brother. "Mom, I'm not Sohee anymore" I whined as I threw my empty sachet of tomato juice into the bin.

"It's Jinhee now" I reminded her. "Ahh, right! I always forgot. Lord, I'm so sick of changing identity. I wish this is the last" She replied to me, sighing afterwards.

"Me too"

I whispered to myself. Me too, want to live like normal person. Person? How funny. I'm not even a person.

I forced a beautiful smile when she turned to me."Did you take your VASPS?" She asked to make sure and I just nodded with a hum. A new start, I guess.

Fuck it, it still doesn't change the fact that I'm a vampire.

(A/N: VASPS - Vampire Sun Protection Serum)

One more, new name.

---

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Choi Jinhee"

New school, new uniform. New friends? No. I'm not here to make some friends. No more friends.

By the way, this class smells so good. I wonder why. Everyone seemed to pay attention on me, except for one. The red-haired boy at the very back, beside the window. His eyes fixed on what's outside the window.

Shoot! There's empty seat beside him. I can senses it already, that's gotta be my seat, obviously. "You can seat beside Jiyong; the red-haired one" Told the homeroom teacher. Yeah, yeah, I know I know.

The smell became stronger as I walked towards him. Before I knew it, I was holding my breathe, taking the seat. So, it came from him; this strong smell.

He's so quiet. And cold. You won't die if you say hi, right? He only looked at me once and turned away. Not interested in me, I know, that's great. I'm not looking for friend either.

Oh my, he smells so good, so sweet. I dislike him for having this kind of sense. This definitely not a fragrant, nor perfume. What is it?

---

Seeing him getting into a fancy car, he must came from a rich family. I frowned when he suddenly hopped out of the car, looking all grumpy and get into the bus. What's up with him? Sigh, don't know don't care. Let's stop being curious over some stranger and grab the bus.

"No way" My mouth just automatically says it when I saw him in the bus. We're taking the freaking same bus! And there's only one seat left; besides him. Hmm, nice, just nice. I rather stand, he's stink.

---

I sighed heavily, I bet he can hear it. I can't take it anymore. He's everywhere! Why is that so! I can feel his smell stick into my nose. Ugh, freaking human!

"Are you following me?" I turned around, trying not to look mad and he looks at me with that annoying dumb face.

"The hell you talking about..?" I heard him say it as he walked pass by me. So you talk, human? I thought you're mute. Before I realized, he walked away far from me. Then I think again, maybe he live nearby here.

You're being paranoid, Sohee. I mean, Jinhee. God dammit, even me, forget my own name. Finally, I can't smell him anymore.

---

"How's your first day?" Dad kindly asked. I smiled at him. "So far so good" I continued sucking the blood from the sachet. Ahh~ this is great. Sheep's blood is the best.

"What are you watching right now is an interview with one of vampires that live among us"

I turned to the direction of the television which is showing the news. Interview with vampire? The news shows a man figure, cuffed hands, censored eyes, sitting at a table for the interview.

"Can you tell me, what are you?" The interviewer asked the censored man. "I'm....a vampire" He answered. I gasped softly. This can't be true.

"Is it true that you live among us, just like a human?" She asked more. "True, but we're different" He said. I dropped my sachet, my eyes totally fixed on the television, 100% focus on it.

"Different how?" She asked, that's spontaneous. Aren't they scared? I thought they scared of us. They always make us; vampires, look bad. The vampire suddenly pulled out a knife. "What are you doing!?" They panicking, distance away from him.

"We are better. We are more powerful than you; mere humans. Hahahaha!" He cut his palm as I covered my wide opened mouth. What are you doing!? Now, it's my time to panic.

"Take a closer look, how different we are. Humans are not a comparison to my kind! We're gifted, special. Granted from God" He stated as the camera zoomed into his palm that healed in an instant. His creepy laugh can be heard after he fully healed. "Actually, we're more than this" He clenched his hand that just healed. What is he doing? Is he going to expose everything about us?

"So tell me humans, why does you disrespect us? Why are scared of us so much?" He asked the viewers, smirking. Yes, why? Why are we treated differently!?

And suddenly the screen turned black before the interviewer answer. I'm kinda fluttered. "I think that's enough" Dad sighed, placing the remote control on the tea table in front of the sofa. I looked down, the question still bothering me. "That was him" Mom told.

Him?

"Really!?" I looks up, asking. She nodded confidently. "Ah, he's so troublesome" I rolled my eyes in annoyance as my parents just laugh at my reaction.

That bastard, I'm going to beat him to death once I meet you.

---

"Why does you disrespect us?"

I closed my eyes shut, trying to not think about it. "Let's just sleep" I told myself, turning to the other side.

"Why are you scared of us so much?"

I opened my eyes and sat up quickly. I exhaled heavily. Even sleeping is hard nowadays. I looked outside of the window, watching the beautiful stars.

"Because we're blood sucking creature"

---

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to give it a little vote!