06 | Answer

I grabbed my tomato juice in my backpack and headed my out.

"Where are you going?" Hanbin stopped me. "You go without me" I patted his shoulder before leaving.

I rushed to the infirmary. Not because I'm not feeling well. I just want to ask a few questions that kept me awake last night. I hope she have the answer.

"Hi!" She smiled when she sees me. I smiled back. "What's the matter?" She asked, offering me a seat.

"Nothing, I just wanna have a lunch with you, Doc" I showed her my tomato juice. I'm not going to go straight to the point! That's rude.

"You came alone? Where's Hanbin?"

"It just me" I giggled. Then we continue with some random unimportant chit chat that somewhat interesting to talk about until I decided to state the reason why I'm sitting here.

"Doc, c-can I ask about something?"

"Sure can!"

That's the green light! "What if, vampire drink human blood?" I lower my voice, almost like whispering.

"Don't you EVER think about doing it!" Her deep voice warned me, sounds like she's angry with the question. "I-I'm not!" I'm taking aback before I know it.

"Why do you want to know??" She looked away as if she didn't want to answer me. "I'm just curious" Looking down, playing with my hand.

"Curiosity kills the cat"

"But I'm not a cat"

She frowned angrily. "S-sorry" I thought she can't hear me, I speak louder than I thought. She sighed softly, holding my cold hand.

"If I told you," She paused. "Promise me don't tell anyone" I'm nodding rapidly.

[ Jiyong's POV ]

I saw her taking her favorite drink; I'm just guessing, in her backpack. Her friend, Hanbin stopped her on her way, then she left the classroom.

"What you looking at?" That boy frowned at me. I'm not looking at you, dude. Why are you using my line?

I ignored him and made my way to store. After I got myself two buns; one for me, one for her, I walked to the rooftop calmly.

I knew she's going to be there. And I have the answer. I've decided, I'll tell you your answer.

But, where are you?

I looked around in the rooftop only to find nothing. She's not here. I waited for her at the bench with the buns in my both hands, with hope to eat it together with her.

"It's really cold today" I put my hand together, warming it up.

I have the answer, so hurry up.

---

That's her, I saw her walking into the classroom. Tch, she didn't come to the rooftop today. She should've told me earlier, as if she ever talked to me where she's going.

But what's with her? Walking while looking down with that sulky face. She took the seat like she's tired of walking. She didn't talk, well that's normal. However, I can feel something is wrong.

Are you okay?

Yet, I don't dare to ask.

[ Jinhee's POV ]

My eyes fixed on Hanbin, who's walking a bit in front of me on our way back home.

"No way! What are you thinking?"

Are you telling me the truth? Tell me. Tell me you never touch human's blood before.

"Kim Hanbin," I stopped walking. He hummed, asking why, turning around to me. Now we're facing each other.

"How does human's blood taste like?" I looked deep into his eyes. He looked triggered, I can feel it. He tried to smile, "What's wrong with you, Choi Jinhee?"

I grabbed him by his collar, pulling him closer to me. "Answer me!" I clenched my teeth while talking. He smirked and easily freed himself from my grip, as expected, he's stronger than me. "I don't know, I never tried. Want me to try it for you?"

He leaned closer to my face as his eyes changing and his sharp canines can be seen. The way he looked into my eyes as if he just unleashed the demon inside him.

"Crazy bastard!" I pushed him away from me, causing him to stumble. You think I'm scared?

I stomped home, leaving him behind.

"Are we really arguing because of this small matter?"

He shouted and I just ignore him. Small matter you said. To me, it's not!

-Flashback-

"If vampires drink human's blood," She paused as I wait patiently. "It will reveal the true us; vampires"

"What do you mean?" I asked in awe, still curious.

"A long time ago, vampires survived by sucking human's blood. It was normal to go out at night and hunt human for a main dish" She started the story from vampire's history.

"Human blood makes vampires strong. We were once can move as fast as the speed of light and even lifting a tree. We were unstoppable, but only Sun does" Without I know it, I'm so into her story. I feel like I can imagine everything she's saying.

"On a hot sunny day, humans gathered to attack the vampire's house. There was nothing our kind can do but burned to death when the light from the sun touch their skin. That was when war between human and vampire begun! Vampires attacked at night and humans attacked during daylight; foolishly. Both sides were so arrogant! Not wanting to lose!" For God's sake, if she entered the story telling competition, she'll definitely win.

"Then came the wise man! Offering peace for both sides. And then, they agreed to finally bring peace to the world with a few conditions. They wrote agreement as a prove. No more human hunts for vampires, no more killing vampire for humans. Vampires lives so miserably, only survived with animal's blood" She even acted to be sad to make it more realistic. "I see" I nodded.

"Years after years, many things had changed. Law and rules were created for both human and vampire, Ministry of Vamps was formed for vampires' right and VASPS were created. Without human realization, vampires became weaker for not getting enough nutrients that only can be found in human blood. We're no longer fast moving creature, we can't lift heavy things. We're almost a cripple; like human" I gasped softly.

So that what we were? Proud and powerful.

"So you mean, quick-healing is one of our specialities?" I asked and she answered with a yes.

"We used to be more than that. Vampires nowadays only have the basic specialities, like super-hearing, super-vision kind of things" She sighed heavily, realizing how pathetic we are now compare to our ancestors.

"So what happens if vamps nowadays drink human blood?" That's my last question.

Please, I want to know the answer.