18 | Rose Blood

"Or is it because I'm human?"

I heard she's sobbing, slowly breaking my heart.

"Am I really just a food to you?"

If that's what you think, then it's a yes. I have no intention of holding into you forever. I'm a vampire and you're a human. That's not gonna work between us. Honestly, it won't. Soon or later, we're going to be apart.

I attracted to you because of your smell, your blood smell good. But when we spent too many times together, my feelings towards you grow bigger. And you, who always sacrifice your blood to me, love a fool like me.

I like your blood.

But that's doesn't mean I don't love you.

I hugged her tightly, calming her a bit. "This is how I show my love to you, please understand" I gently let her go as I walked away to my room.

However, I prefer a vampire as my forever partner. I need to help my race grow bigger and stronger. I prefer a vampire. Vampire like Jinhee.

---

"Where you're going?"

A sad voice behind me asked. It's past midnight, I thought she's sleeping.

"I'm going to meet my uncle" I replid coldly, doesn't turn to her. "Don't wait for me. I'll be late" I reminded her before I leave.

I put my hoodie on, my mask on and start jumping from building to building to my uncle's house. Human blood give me such power to jump further and move faster. I only taking human blood for a year, look how different am I with other vampire now. Imagine if we drink human blood since we were born. Wow, I'll be impressed.

"What the hell are you doing here at this hour?"

"Because I know you're still awake" I smiled widely before he hug me after a long time no see. About half a year, I bet.

"So what's the deal?" He offer me a chill blood he bought outstation. He's rich, no wonder he could buy such a good quality of blood.

"Nothing much, just curious" I smiled warmly. "Good, being curious connecting your brain cell" Yes, he's a freaking scientist. He works under Korean Ministry of Vamps.

"Let me guess" He stared at me. "Benefits of human blood?"

"I know that already" It's a no. "Why vampire need blood?" He took another guess. "No"

"Vampire's digestive system?"

"No"

"VASPS?"

"No"

"Vampire's sunburn?"

"No"

He finally sighed, "Then what? A girl?" He's joking, have no idea what to answer. But uncle, that's close. "A boy"

He scanned me from head to toe with a weird stare. "You gay?"

"Hell no!"

"I'm curious about his blood. You're talking nonsense" I scoffed. "Well, that's worries me a bit"

"What's with his blood?" He started. "He has a very strong scent. He smell sweet, he--"

"He smell like rose?"

I looked up to his serious face. "Yes"

"So there's still a human with rose blood" He muttered, looking away. "W-what do you mean?"