30 | Alone

"He's not coming"

I reacted to her monotone answer with my eyes widen, turning to her in an instant."Why!?"

"Grounded by his uncle. We got caught" She sighed. I gasped softly, "So what will happen to him?" I asked.

"He probably trapped in his house. No one in or out except his uncle. I'm also, already move out" She explained calmly like she's okay with it. But I know her, she's hurting too, she miss him, yet she pretend like she's not.

"Anyway, I'm thankful I still have you. All my friends already left me, Jisoo as well even though she knew about it earlier than anyone else" I smiled bitterly. "I'm sorry but.."

I raised my eyebrows at her stopping. "Today is my last day. I'm going back to America tonight"

So I was left alone.

No Jisoo, Lisa and Chaeyong. No Hanbin. What a life.

No Jiyong.

---

"Oi! Vampire girl!"

A boy called me when I headed to class, ignoring him.

"Are you full now? Whom blood did you drink, huh!?" He added, laughing with his fellow friends. I just walked pass through, pretended like I didn't hear anything. Then a strong grip pulled my arm, turning me around.

I saw his smirk as he dug his fingers into my skin. "Let go of me!" I pushed him away, causing him to stumble aback as his friends caught him.

"Wow! That's quite a brave move" He reacted, walking towards me. "What are you going to do next? Eat me up?"

Turning away, fear spread to every part of my body, causing my hand to tremble; fear of human.

It's exactly same as before. They found out and I got bullied. At the end, I changed to another school and pretended to be human again. Sometimes I wish all of this would stop. I hate running away. When will they accept us as we are? When will human accept vampire existence?

We also want to live a happy life. Having friends and lovers. To be able to live freely without fear of getting caught. Why it's so hard?

If there's someone with me, backing me up, at least I could be strong. But they all gone, one by one. I'm all alone, weak and hopeless. Because I felt like I have no reason to live, death didn't scare me anymore.

---

"Jinhee!" I heard Jisoo called my name and I turned to her, watching Lisa trying to stop her from coming to me. "It's okay. I'm fine alone" I walked past through them while looking down on the floor.

I stopped by at Hanbin's house to visit him if he's doing alright. To be honest, I just wanna see him because I'm lonely, needed help and encouragement.

"No" His uncle about to close the door but I stopped it with my hand. "J-Just for a while. Please" I begged.

"What's wrong with you, uncle? She's my friend, let her in" Hanbin whined like kid. His uncle finally gave up as he sighed, "15 minutes. I'm watching you!"

"Thank you" I bowed with a smile.

I felt a stare on me, making me out of words. Why am I here again? "Are you okay?" Hanbin asked sweetly as I just smiled, fake one. "For now, yes" I nodded.

"I'm sorry who have to face this alone. I'm sorry--"

"It's fine. Everyone already forget about it. They didn't bully me anymore" A sorry can't change anything, Hanbin. I'm sorry too, for lying. "I'm doing fine. So don't you worry and only listen to your uncle. Behave, okay?"

My giggle cheered up the mood. "That's a relief, I'll be there soon"

---

[Jiyong's POV ]

"Jiyong, I don't know your girlfriend is a vampire, man!" Youngbae laughed, making fun of me. I clenched my fist, pushing him as he reacted with a clueless face.

"Get out! It's all your fault!!" I pushed him out of my room. "What the fuck! How is that my fault that your girlfriend is a vampire!?"

"YOU SPREAD THE RUMOR!"

He chuckled and gave me that annoying smirk. "I do it to protect you. Look at you. You're still into that vampire bitch"

"Shut up!" I laid a punch on his face for talking bad about Jinhee. When I about to lay another punch, my noona stopped me as Youngbae left the house. My noona hugged me tightly, calming me down as I broke into tears. My mouth muttered her name a few times.

I sat on my desk, staring blankly at the test book with my red and puffy eyes.

"I heard about everything" She broke the ice, sitting on my bed. "It's funny how you ended up like me. Jiyong--"

"I'm not like you. I broke up with her. She's not human, I'm not going back to her" I cut her off coldly. How could I, when she lied to me, playing with heart like this?

She chuckled, "Vampire or human, what's the difference. We're same, Jiyong. Vampire we're meeting are...good vampires"

"No"

"I understand you, you saw what they did to our parents but did you forget that they also sacrificed their life to save you?"

But they...

Shit, I'm really speechless. So what I'm supposed to do?

"Have you ever heard this? There's exactly three things you can't control. Itchy, sneeze....and love"

I smirked at her last word. That's bullshit.

"I don't believe in that crap. I'm going to sleep now" I stood up, she as well.

"Think again, Jiyong" She said before she left my room. No, I'm going to sleep straight away. I won't think.

That moment, I remember Jinhee's beautiful smile. There's nothing I can do other than letting out a sigh. She's not mine anymore, well that's hurt.

The fact that there's still her in my heart left me in pain. After the time we spent together. All of those are mistakes with the mask of love. We shouldn't met. I shouldn't talk to you. I shouldn't love you.

You're like a beautiful bad dream of mine. Why I didn't notice it before. Her hands were always so cold yet I still hold it tight to keep it warm.

I'm so stupid.

Why do you have to lie and come to me. I'm scared of you, you already know. I never want to see you again. But I can't hate you. I miss you so bad, I want to hold your cold hand again.

I still love you, Choi Jinhee.