11 | Trauma

[ Jinhee's POV ]

"Wanna go up and take some fresh air?" He suggested as he comes closer to me. "Let's go" I smiled.

"Jisoo, I'll see at the class. I'm going to the toilet" I lied while she's paying her snack at the store, the worker looks like so handsome and pretty by the way, reminds me of Jinu from Winner. Sorry, not sorry, consider it as a white lie for a sweet moment that awaits for me at the rooftop.

"Jiyong, your fav chocolate are in stock" I heard Lisa calling for Jiyong. She looked around, finding his presence. "Where is he?" The last thing I heard before I left the store to the rooftop. Looks like he left earlier.

---

"It's been a while, right?" I asked. The boy besides me hummed. "It's getting colder here now" He added.

"Yeah" I just agreed with the cold weather that I don't even feel. But I'm acting cold as much as I can to look more human-like.

"You should wear thicker outfit next time" He complained at my thin jacket. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't ask to come" The sadness in his voice made him taking off his jacket.

I'm completely fluttered by his unexpected action, "No! It's fine. I'm really okay" I refused hardly when he about to put his jacket behind me.

"But still...how could I'm not. You're freezing" He said sweetly. There's nothing I can do, just accept it, his handsomeness are too much to handle.

He's kind and sweet.

"By the way," I started. "What's the question you asked yesterday?" I recalled. He didn't seems so happy when I opened up the topic.

"Actually I want to ask you," He paused, looking down. "What do you feel if your sibling is dating a vampire?"

My eyes widened as I looked away from him, calming myself. "It's doesn't make sense, right? She completely lost her mind!" He trid to laugh but the smile disappeared in a second.

"There's a secret that no one in this school know" I gulped my saliva first. Secret? "I lost my parents when I was 10. They were murdered with this kind of monsters, I saw it all, they suck all of their blood. I saw it my with own eyes"

I closed my mouth with both of my hand in shock, doesn't want to make any sound. I'm tearing up a bit.

No way..

There's no way my kind would do that. We passed killing-each-other stage a long time ago. How could they.

"I had a trauma since then. I don't like them, I hate them! But to be exact, I'm more to afraid. I'm terrified. I can feel like, I'm next to be kill by them"

I grabbed his hand with my cold hand before I hugged him tightly, comforting him while I'm the one who need to be comfort. I can't believe they're still vampire who did that, I feel so terrible in front of this innocent boy.

Later then I realized, I don't deserve him. I like him a lot but I don't deserve him. Because I'm one of the monster you talk about.

"I'm telling you this because," He parted the hug as he still holding my hand tight. He looked deep into my teary eyes. He's so precious, his brown eyes are so beautiful, I feel like being hypnotized when I can't stop looking.

"Because, I like--"

"Aha! I know there's something going here!"